2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
New 4runners, NOT as good as the last, v6 weak..
By scratchgolfer2 on 03/23/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the last few 4runners now, the Limited 1997, then the amazing 2007 V8 Limited. I love the cars, performance and Toyota quality. I really didnt want to trade in my 2007 but I hit 100K so figured I would check them out, not too crazy about the new style but it is okay and thought the new higher HP V6 might be okay at 270HP, however it is NOT, it is WAY underpowered for this size vehicle. It also doesn't have the same solid feel that my previous 4runners always had that other's never had. Makes me wonder if they really changed some things here....engine just doesnt feel right.....way to slow, with the Tundra 5.7 v8 as an option this might be a great truck

Everything i've wanted and then some
By adam2562 on 09/21/12 08:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 4runner currently has 39k and has been flawless to me.. i bought it with 26k to avoid the high new car price and couldn't be more satisfied with it. It'll tow anything that I'll ever need to tow and carries everything i could want. The only thing I've had it in the dealer for was the TSB on the headlight replacement for when they haze up. I didn't need it done but figured I'd do it before i was out of warranty. all these things need are oil changes and routine maintenance and they should go forever! I love the new interior on the 5th generations! Bluetooth, backup cam, nice easy to use Navi all looks good on the black interior! can't forget the famous roll down back window!!!

I HATE MY 2010 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
By mosternaz on 02/29/12 08:01 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Toyota 4runner for 13 years with only one major repair in $160,000 miles. It never once stranded me. Someone hit me and totaled it. I bought a new 2010 Toyota 4runner. In the last six months it has stranded me twice and I have had 4 major repairs. The throttle body was first, then the brake switch. Next was the blue tooth system and last night the entire windshield cracked in half (stress fracture, not a rock). I just can't trust this car. It is a lemon and Toyota doesn't care. It is also very hard to see out of the back windows. The body is wider than it needs to be. My mileage is 20 mpg, which is fine. Comfort is good for sitting on the side of the road waiting.

2010 4runner Excellence
By cutephil on 10/03/11 20:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Foriegn car ever and it is truly amazing. Hate to admit it but it just goes woithout any issues

4Runner Happiness
By runnerforbodie on 03/23/11 13:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 5100 miles and so far and is exceeding my expectations on MPG and comfort. Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the reclining back seats were a big hit! The lack of freeway noise and great ride and seats make it an excellent long distance cruiser. Easy to avg 20 MPG overall. In daily 25 mile highwy/city commute I typically get 20.5 MPG with some stop and go driving which is amazing. Exceeding 75 mph gets the MPG to drop slightly below 20 mpg. Also nice to use only regular gas as compared to mid-grade or premium in my Tacoma and Lexus.

Reliablility... little else
By pjcrage on 02/07/11 11:03 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota=Reliability in my experience and that is why I bought this truck. Now after 16 months and 45k here is the verdict.... Reliable..so far no major issues Comfort - little Performance - well underpowered but gets from point A to B Styling - beautiy is in the eye of the beholder..its ok for me Build quality - tinny construction, lotsa squeaks Fun to drive - Toyota? no, just FUNctional to drive Overall value - ok to me since it seems to be accomplishing the objective i set out to achieve - reliability

Another Toyota disappointment
By kirby28 on 02/03/11 19:13 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have just traded in my SR5, owning it since Oct. '10. From the get go had slipping trans from 1st to 2nd gears...tinny doors, poor quality seats, spongy brakes, noisy, growly engine... this is not the 4 Runner of the past generations....I'd pass on this one.

a turtle with an ipod
By jefre on 01/03/11 17:55 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

had six 4 runners over a 25 year period. so obviously have been happy with them, PREVIOUSLY. have had the '10 limited for five months now and so disapointed with it, i sold it new years weekend. gas mileage 17mpg, pickup/acceleration is terrible. so underpowered. dont believe the HP is adequate for the mass of the vehicle. need to downshift constantly in order to get up the slightest incline. apprehensive to enter a highway. wouldnt try passing a scooter. if your looking to only drive it to the local green market then ok. otherwise look at anything else.

Love and disappointments
By George Zeiler on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 sport it had a lot more power, than the 2010 sr5 and it had better gas mileage than the 2010, I though it would have more power, and a little better gas mileage. I like the 4 runner over all, esp. The power rear window., I don; t like the way I have to adjust the steering wheel, that set up has to be in the Stone age, very cumbersome and inconvenient and probably the cheapest way to do it.

Good driving
By intrepid2010 on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 8 months and 12k miles I still feel this is a very comfortable and reliable truck. Good for off roading as well as daily commute. Averaging 19.5 M.P.G in mixed driving which is excellent for a 6 thousand pound vehicle having a 4.0 L V6(278 ft-lb torque).The silver color really shines. Seats high up and has a commanding view of the surrounding. Coming from a German sedan i feel like this is a must have for people who have bad roads in your town. My BMW had stiff ride, but now I never complain about those roads.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota 4Runner Suv in NJ is:

$198 per month*