2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Fifth 4 Runner Owned
By Nick

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned five 4 runners to date including the original fiberglass cap model and all other generations. This one is the best yet. Drive is firm, acceleration and power fits my needs and the look of it in black with the 20 inch wheels is awesome. In a world of pregnant looking station wagons parading around as SUVs this is a refreshing change. Sound system and navigation system work beyond my expectations.

Favorite Features

Nav system and remote start. 20 inch alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas filler door.

Best yet
By NIK

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned over the past twenty years, five 4 runners all generations up to this one including the original P/U cap model. This one beats them all. The engine is more than adequate for my needs. The design is aggressive looking especially in black with the 20 inch wheels. The interior is laid out well. Road visibility is great due to the vehicle's height and the ride while truck like is firm and not sloppy. Love the Nav system and the remote start.

Favorite Features

Nav, remote start and the 20 inch wheels

Best 4Runner Yet
By Rich

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 4Runner for 6 months and am extremely happy with it.... except for two things. Running boards should be standard and there should be a locking gas door or locking cap offered. Handling is outstanding in the Limited which I attribute to the x- reas suspension. Brake modulation is also excellent.

Favorite Features

Nav system, power outlets in the rear, x-reas suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas door or a locking cap.

Love my 4RUNNERS
By Felicia

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd 4RUNNER. I have had the 2003, 2007, and now the 2010 Limited 4RUNNER. I am very satisfied with this one other than the fact that the basics I just knew would be standard are not even available as options. This is the highest 4Runner I've owned, and it has no running boards, go figure, also no wind deflectors available. Love the adjustable, reclining backs, AWESOME! Also very pleased with all the other perks. I'm a Toyota Fan for LIFE!

Favorite Features

Adjustable Reclining back seats; various power outlets; large sunroof; exterior look; 20" rims/tire

Suggested Improvements

NO QUESTION, the running boards SHOULD BE STANDARD. Also, could use a little more room on the 3rd row seating. Lastly, the 2007 had the smooth close trunk, this one is very disappointing.

A truly American SUV
By extoyota

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 6th 4runner since 1989 and my last. Toyota got its wish, they are now an American car company. Cheapest, poorest example of a 4Runner i have bought. compared to my previous 5 there is no comparison. Go by something else don't waste 40 grand like me

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

drop the price to about 25k as I feel i can buy equal quality for about that money

Just bought a 2010 4runner
By DennyG

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took delivery of my 2010 4Runner Limited (Blk/Blk) on April 15, 2010. Love it. Typical Toyota build quality. I've only put 180 miles on it so far, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, great interior passenger space. Would like to see a power rear hatch instead of the manual one. Not too impressed with the sliding rear cargo tray. Takes up space.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, smart key system, nav & audio system, 20" wheels, backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Storage space for the ball mount-there is none. Optional chrome tube type running board. Toyota does not offer one at this time. Entry not easy for my 5' 2" wife. Power rear hatch. Also, how about including the cheesy carpeted floor mats instead of charging $135.00 for them.

Another 4-Runner for me
By Ray

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Limited 4-runner 3 weeks ago an so far we are very pleased with the decision. We had previously owned an 04 4 runner which we also liked a lot except that it was a little difficult to control in heavy cross winds. The new 2010 4-runner does not have this problem and seems very stable with any cross-wind. Ride is much smoother than previous generation 4-runner and so far our fuel economy is 18.5 mostly city driving. Wish Toyota had put running boards on as standard. We will have to purchase instead but haven't decided where yet. Overall , very pleased with fit and finish, ride and comfort. Telephone interface/Bluetooth is excellent and the Nav unit is also very good.

Favorite Features

JBL stereo/NAV/Bluetooth wireless and interior comfort and ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Needs running boards as standard equipment.

Love it with one exception...
By NFLAGIRL

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the vehicle on every level (body design, fuel efficiency, performance, etc..) with one exception. Every single time I am at a traffic light and the A/C is on, the vehicle shakes slightly. Even the very first time I took it out! I paid $41k for it and am disappointed and alarmed by this. However, I must comment that my husband absolutely loves our 4Runner.

Favorite Features

Body design, interior features (limited), fuel consumption, rear camera (limited).

Suggested Improvements

Running boards should be standard, back row seating space could be improved.

New vs Old
By BILL

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 is my second 4-Runner Ltd. I just gave my 2005 with 180,000 miles on it to to a brother. The 2005 is still solid and runs like new. The best auto I've ever owned. I have 4,000 miles on the new one.I am pleased with it overall, but the new engine appears to have little more power than the 2005.Quality of mfg materials is inferior to the 2005. They have improved it in many other areas though such as panel layout.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition. 20" Wheels. A little more room. Exterior looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Rear cargo cover (Roll out cover). Running Boards. Get rid of the roll out tray (Takes up too much room)More small storage compartments like the 2005 Model

Super SUV
By Paul K

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Truly a super comfortable SUV. The seats are close to being as comfortable as my 2008 Tundra that I traded in for the 4Runner. Long trips they are still great. Handles well on rough Texas FM roads. The fuel averaging is right at 20mpg but its still breaking in and thats city.

Favorite Features

Moon Roof, keyless entry. Love the new body style, the rear pullout tray, wife loves this. The AC/Heat controls easy to view. Large window area in the sides and front. Blind spots are next to zero.

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat memory, power folding mirrors