Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

New 4runners, NOT as good as the last, v6 weak..
By scratchgolfer2

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the last few 4runners now, the Limited 1997, then the amazing 2007 V8 Limited. I love the cars, performance and Toyota quality. I really didnt want to trade in my 2007 but I hit 100K so figured I would check them out, not too crazy about the new style but it is okay and thought the new higher HP V6 might be okay at 270HP, however it is NOT, it is WAY underpowered for this size vehicle. It also doesn't have the same solid feel that my previous 4runners always had that other's never had. Makes me wonder if they really changed some things here....engine just doesnt feel right.....way to slow, with the Tundra 5.7 v8 as an option this might be a great truck

Favorite Features

navigation, leather, new improved electric steering is maybe the only improvement over the last model

Suggested Improvements

Engine, Engine, Engine....way underpowered, feels like they put a corolla 4 banger in a Sequia, well i am exaggerating a little but for 44k new limited, not really And if they tweeked the v6 to get that extra HP this year it may lead to more problems down the road, my suggestion stick with the 2003-2009 generation, that V6 is great in that truck, the V8 is even better.....

Everything i've wanted and then some
By adam2562

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 4runner currently has 39k and has been flawless to me.. i bought it with 26k to avoid the high new car price and couldn't be more satisfied with it. It'll tow anything that I'll ever need to tow and carries everything i could want. The only thing I've had it in the dealer for was the TSB on the headlight replacement for when they haze up. I didn't need it done but figured I'd do it before i was out of warranty. all these things need are oil changes and routine maintenance and they should go forever! I love the new interior on the 5th generations! Bluetooth, backup cam, nice easy to use Navi all looks good on the black interior! can't forget the famous roll down back window!!!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth audio, navi, rolldown back window, pull out rear tray, 2 400W wall outlets and 3 aux outlets, huge sunroof! and my passengers favorite... reclining rear seats!

Suggested Improvements

the only improvement I'd say is to add a V8.. don't let that fool you though.. the V6 in there makes 10more horsepower than the previous generation V8

I HATE MY 2010 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
By mosternaz

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Toyota 4runner for 13 years with only one major repair in $160,000 miles. It never once stranded me. Someone hit me and totaled it. I bought a new 2010 Toyota 4runner. In the last six months it has stranded me twice and I have had 4 major repairs. The throttle body was first, then the brake switch. Next was the blue tooth system and last night the entire windshield cracked in half (stress fracture, not a rock). I just can't trust this car. It is a lemon and Toyota doesn't care. It is also very hard to see out of the back windows. The body is wider than it needs to be. My mileage is 20 mpg, which is fine. Comfort is good for sitting on the side of the road waiting.

2010 4runner Excellence
By cutephil

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Foriegn car ever and it is truly amazing. Hate to admit it but it just goes woithout any issues

Favorite Features

Love lowering the glass in the back hatch door.NO other truck does that

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats for drivers to keep settings

4Runner Happiness
By runnerforbodie

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 5100 miles and so far and is exceeding my expectations on MPG and comfort. Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the reclining back seats were a big hit! The lack of freeway noise and great ride and seats make it an excellent long distance cruiser. Easy to avg 20 MPG overall. In daily 25 mile highwy/city commute I typically get 20.5 MPG with some stop and go driving which is amazing. Exceeding 75 mph gets the MPG to drop slightly below 20 mpg. Also nice to use only regular gas as compared to mid-grade or premium in my Tacoma and Lexus.

Favorite Features

Besides the keyless entry, sport shift and seats, I have to say that the Nav system is much more advanced and easier to use than my 06 Lexus IS. Love the option to view a graph of the MPG over the past 30 minutes. The X-shocks on the limited are worth the upgrade for handling. While you hear some engine noise around town, on the freeway you virtually hear no engine or tire noise which makes me feel like it is an equal to the Lexus GX470 at a bargain price. Having a power rear window I can control makes it great for hauling our dog in the back. Low range 4wheel drive for off road fishing and hunting is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Shape of the headlights and tail lights need improvement. Not sure it needs to be 9 plus inches off the ground making the step in difficult for some passengers. A power tailgate should be offered on the limited and optional on other models. Engine performance is adequate, but wish it had more power to comfortably pull my 21 ft boat up into the mountains. Would probably rather have a flat floor over the sliding rear tray that I have, but could not find a Runner w/o the kid only 3rd row seats with a flat floor. Offer the TRD supercharger as a factor installed engine option.