So Far, So Good!
By C.B.R. on
2009 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have only had this vehicle for 4 months but thought I would post a review. This vehicle is fun to drive. It feels solid, safe and responsive. I have only driven on the highway and around town, but I am anxious to get it out into the country. One complaint is that the transmission frequently feels as if it is not engaged, sort of free spinning. Initially I had difficulty finding a truly comfortable driving position and constantly shifted positions, especially my right leg. But I notice that less and less as time goes on. Even though it is labeled mid-size this is a big vehicle. Plenty of room and storage for friends and gear. Gas mileage is much better than expected at 20.8 per gallon.
Favorite Features
Appearance, big drink holders, information center, sound system controls in steering wheel, water shedding window surfaces, heated outside mirrors, power sun roof, power operated rear window, double decker cargo system, folding rear seats.
Suggested Improvements
Add a simpler and less expensive Ipod connection. Shorten the length of the ignition key; it is .5 inch longer than my Nissan Maxima key and is a real pocket destroyer. Add a key entry to passenger side door. Improve daytime lighting for radio and information center; is hard to see in sunlight.