traded my 2006 for a 2008
By Rob on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Well, we traded in our 2006 V8 Limited X-REAS for a 2008 that is exactly the same in every respect. The new Michelins ride nicier but have less grip and are softer (bouncier) than the Bridgestones, we do not like the new tires. The X-REAS suspension is softer on the 2008 and does not handle as well, if the shocks were a little stiffer it would be perfect. We drive fast generally and live in the country, the handling is important to us.
Favorite Features
V-8 feels stronger on the low-end and midrange than the 2006, love that. Mileage is still great 20mpg with all synthetic oil. Rear window, JBL stereo, nav, wheels, perfect size car for us, Torsen diff is awesome, live axle and great towing for a med size SUV. A perfect compromise even my wife loves!
Suggested Improvements
If it had the 5.7 V-8 and a stiffer suspension my wife would never get her hands on it. I'm putting a larger rear swar bar in it and only slightly modifying the front, 20 inch wheels with 285/50 ZR's just for handling not looks, magnaflow exhaust, it has all the other options except air suspension