2008 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: This is it... best true SUV

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

This is it... best true SUV
By Brent on

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my '08 SR5 2WD 4Runner now for over a month and have put a couple of thousand miles on it. Wow, this is it, the best true SUV. When I was ready to replace my '97 LT 2WD Chevy Tahoe I looked and test drove a bunch of vehicles. After driving the 4Runner for an extended tested drive I knew it was the truck for me. The V6 performs so well in so many areas, the truck is laid out perfectly and thoughtfully, and at 6'-5" and 280 I'm very comfortable. It is awesome on the highway, very quiet, very solid and plenty of power. Lots of compartments to stowaway stuff. I am set for canoing, fly fishing, biking and camping.

The off-road capabilities. The attention to details. Overall quality. Performance and handling. Timeless good looks, not trendy.

The running boards could be inset a little more, I always whack my ankles. Offer it in a metallic olive or forest green. A little more leg room for the second row seats.