Love it!
By ksdogwalker on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I bought this truck used in 2011, with 138k miles. Yes, you read that correctly: 138,000 miles! Everything had just been 100% serviced and it was like buying it brand new. In the 30k miles I have had it (including driving halfway across the country), I have only had 2 issues. 1. I have had the driveshaft (?) lubricated twice due to a "thunk" sound and small lurch when stopping - no charge by the dealer; apparently it is common. 2. This winter, the back hatch has begun to freeze when it's below 30° outside and becomes impossible to open (at least for this gal!). Sort of a pain. Of note: the paint scratches relatively easily, but I haven't noticed any rust issues. Just irritating.
Favorite Features
• Seats are easy to fold down, yielding tons of room - and the cargo area is a great size even with the seats up! • Excellent interior fabric and carpeting (soooo easy to clean - and that says a lot coming from a dog pro) • The rear window is fabulous for my dogs to enjoy • The factory window tint is perfect depth • the 4WD would climb a tree • Decent MPG for a V8 4WD vehicle. My vehicle says my "average speed" is typically in the low 20s (small town life) and my MPG varies from 16 (cold months) to 18 (warm months).
Suggested Improvements
• Paint scratches too easily • Rear gate design - when the rear window is lowered, if it is not lowered all the way or not in a magical configuration with all of the other windows or you are not driving at the correct speed, there is an issue with exhaust entering the passenger compartment. Ick. • On-the-fly 4WD. Enough said.