2008 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Truly the best vehicle I ever

2008 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Truly the best vehicle I ever bought
By jimmy2x on

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well - this is my 1st SUV. Was purchased pretty much for cross-country traveling. Rides much better than expected given that it is body-on-frame with a solid rear axle. Of course that is what gives the 4Runner true off-road capability which includes true 4-wheel LO with the ability to lock up the axles. Excellent tracking in rain and snow with at least a reasonable chance of getting out if you foul up and get stuck. Leather seats are comfortable and multi-adjustable. Good visibility and the LTD comes with a back-up camera that plays thru the nav system for a decent view behind you. Rear hatch closes electrically once you get close to avoid slamming. Not a rattle or a squeak

Favorite Features

NO rattles or squeaks. Electric rear window. Heated seats. Very smooth ride on the highway. Compass in rear-view mirror. Nav has a good sized screen with adjustments for brightness and color. A bit daunting to learn for an "old guy", but I'm getting there. JBL stereo. Steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

The dial type climate controls are a gimmick that is a pain - you really have to hunt for the right point to push. More standard slide and turn type switches easier. More lighted switches - knew this when I bought and have learned my way by "feel", but better interior lighting would be helpful.