Great Value
By davek49 on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I chose the 4Runner Sport V6 RWD based on reliability and looks despite the RAV4 Sport V6 getting better gas mileage and sports-car like performance. This is my first SUV (on my 9th car in 17 years of driving) and I am getting used to sitting high up and the car with more of a truck-like feel (Tacoma versus the RAV4). Keep in mind my view is based on previously driving an Audi A3 and BMW 3. The Galactic Gray Mica is beautiful and I get compliments (brighter with blue sparkle than most dull grays). The V6 has plenty of power for urban driving and I get a respectable 22mpg hwy (19.5 mpg mixed). The X-REAS suspension works very well, providing for a comfortable ride on twisty roads.
Favorite Features
Lots of trunk space, sunroof, Galactic Gray paint. X-REAS suspension. I also like the cupholders, which really can hold large bottles.
Suggested Improvements
Lowering the height by 2 to 3 inches (very close to roof in some parking garages). I do not care for the look of the hood scoop and it is annoying for the driver, but the Sport package offered too much to pass.