2008 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Great Value

2008 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota 4Runner

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Great Value
By davek49 on

2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I chose the 4Runner Sport V6 RWD based on reliability and looks despite the RAV4 Sport V6 getting better gas mileage and sports-car like performance. This is my first SUV (on my 9th car in 17 years of driving) and I am getting used to sitting high up and the car with more of a truck-like feel (Tacoma versus the RAV4). Keep in mind my view is based on previously driving an Audi A3 and BMW 3. The Galactic Gray Mica is beautiful and I get compliments (brighter with blue sparkle than most dull grays). The V6 has plenty of power for urban driving and I get a respectable 22mpg hwy (19.5 mpg mixed). The X-REAS suspension works very well, providing for a comfortable ride on twisty roads.

Lots of trunk space, sunroof, Galactic Gray paint. X-REAS suspension. I also like the cupholders, which really can hold large bottles.

Lowering the height by 2 to 3 inches (very close to roof in some parking garages). I do not care for the look of the hood scoop and it is annoying for the driver, but the Sport package offered too much to pass.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review