2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My second 4Runner

2008 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

My second 4Runner
By a2992 on

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I sold my '94 4Runner in 2006, I've always had my eye on getting another. My only complaint about the '94 was that there was no V8 at the time, and the V6 was WAY underpowered. So when I was in the market for a new car, I purchased the V8 Limited 4WD, and I'm happy. The new 4Runner is futuristic enough, while still maintaining the DNA of the original generations. The solid construction, "never-die" dependability, and fun driving attitude make it a joy to drive. It's as if I'm back in the '94, but this time, with all the power I've ever wanted with 270 HP, and 300+ ft/lbs of torque. I'm raring to get this thing off road where it belongs.

Favorite Features

Great clearing height and skid-plates; a real-SUV feel and solid construction. If you've ever owned or loved your last 4runner, you're going to be thrilled with this one.

Suggested Improvements

More accessible options such as the 12V lighter outlets, and the 120V plug (why is it in the center console?).