Love my 4runner
By zimmermangm on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I researched SUV's for months before buying a 4runner. I was stepping down from an F250 turbo diesel truck but still wanted V8 power, decent towing, off-road able, but still be mid-sized to fit in suburbia and easy enough for my wife to drive and park. What a great choice! I went with the sport V8 4x4. Plenty of power, excellent off-road abilities (I took it on harsh trails when it was 2 months old), and it tows great. I've since added an ICON coilover suspension package which lifts the truck 2" and gives a firmer, more dampened ride. Makes the truck way nice to drive. Also allowed me to upgrade to 1" taller all terrain tires.
Favorite Features
V8 Power and sounds. 7300 pound tow rating, real 4x4, body on frame, solid rear axle, good brakes, JBL audio upgrade sounds good enough that I don't need to replace it.
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof chops head room down, if you're over 6' tall, try before you buy. Navigation system doesn't have Hawaii in it- I went with a kenwood nav unit instead (Garmin powered) with backup camera and sat radio.