Just Browsing
By v84runner on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Went looking for an SUV at a Chevy dealer and bought a Toyota 4runner, we were so impressed with the vehicle and I (male) love looking at it in the driveway as well as driving it. I read the reviews and say they are spot on! Paint chips easily and the front end/hood needs to be more aggressive. We have the hood scoop with a V8 and Magnaflow exhaust...sounds great, drives great. This vehicle is fun to drive, handles great, and is solid! We looked at/drove Hummer H3, Jeep Laredo, Pathfinder, but walked away with the 4runner on the spot! We never owned a Toyota before, but we are extremely glad we bought this one. Never buying an American model again, over priced!
Favorite Features
V8, AWD...fast! Like the interior also, but living in Vegas we have recently had problems with the CD Changer/radio display because of the heat. Not sure what's going on, but CD's are getting kicked out on start up. H3 didn't offer the rear air vents, amongst other standard features on Toyota!
Suggested Improvements
Stereo is great, cargo room is great, features are great, but the hood needs to be a little more aggressive. Even with the scoop/faux air intake, it's too slanted forward. But if that is the least of my worries, I can live with it!