2008 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: It Grew On Me

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

It Grew On Me
By Drivin Momma on

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new and have had it for 2 years now. I have some issues with room, my husband is 5'11" and barely has enough headroom and realistically, only plan on 4 occupants to ride comfortably. The double decker cargo system is awful and you can't even think about touching the outside of the truck without scratching it. (I put 130K on an 02 Explorer and other than where my wedding ring scratched the door handle, the paint still looked new.) With that said, I absolutely love this vehicle. It's a smooth, quiet ride, I can count on it regardless of weather conditions, and have never had one mechanical issue with it to date. Gas mileage isn't too terrible and interior cleans easily.

I love the styling, it's a head- turner. There is lots of room for your stuff, as long as your stuff isn't people!

The paint is ridiculous. When we were shopping around, we noticed it on the used ones we looked at, but I had no idea how easily it would scratch.