It's is the Best on the Road! Bar None!
By Rick on
2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Wow I can't believe I'm doing this! I will explain! I was a line tech and did hold a ASE Master Cert. in auto repair. I not real fond of any GM product, Ford is pretty good but always had the best service from Mopars.Owned more of them than anything. Never gave Toyota much thought. Always eyed the 4Runner looked like a nice SUV. We did the Durango (Nice truck), then an 2002 Accord V-6 top line Coupe. We'll lease was up and my wife wanted back in a 4x4 because of snow. Well Dodge decided to make the Durango larger and about as ugly as you could. Wife didn't like the Jeep much and they discontinued use of the straight 6 engine and reduced the tow rating to 3500 lbs. GM out of the question.
Favorite Features
So we are off to drive an Explorer 4WD V-6. All I can say is what a slug! Rated @ 5000 towing lbs I think but it was not going to get it. This was 2005 and we ended up road testing a 4Runner. All I could say is WOW! Great power, ride and room. Nice looking with a lot of standard options!
Suggested Improvements
you pay extra for on other models. Flawless service and we were leasing another one in 2008. Well Toyota has changed the 4Runner in 2010 I don't like it as much as the 2008 so we just purchased the 08 we leased and pretty right too! IMHO: This is the best SUV on the road