2008 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Great vehicle

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Great vehicle
By Josh on

2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the 4Runner for my wife's daily driver to haul all the baby gear as well as vacation traveler that can drive out on the beach, etc. It is the best-quality vehicle we've ever owned by far. It has enough power (V6) and the XREAS makes the handling very good for a truck-based SUV. Interior and controls are top-notch, and it's a great looking SUV, especially in black. Only complaint is cargo space is low compared to a highlander, but that's the trade off for an SUV with a body-on-frame construction. We have a large Yakima box for the roof which fits all the overflow cargo when going on vacation. Overall, highly suggested and I hope Toyota never gets rid of the great 4Runner.

Roll-down rear gate window, seat adjustability is great, BRAKES are awesome (better than some sports cars I've owned), engine super-smooth, 4WD features are nice and easy to use, vehicle is quiet on the highway. Rear blind-spot backing mirrors are a nice touch too!

Base audio system is mediocre. I replaced it with the factory Pioneer head unit/Ipod controller out of a Scion, which is a perfect fit and plug-and-play. You can find them on ebay for $30-50 easily and it's a nice upgrade. Flat crossbars on the rack would be nice for cargo-carrying