2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great compromise
By swampcollie on 03/24/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my runner for a couple weeks. Came out of a ford supercrew which i loved, but needed something with better gas mileage. I get off road some and pull a utility trailer with my atv or mower on it. I did not want one of the car based SUVs and the 4runner seemed like the perfect fit for how I use a vehicle. I miss the room from my truck but am tickled with the gas mileage improvement and the the sr5 drives and handles great on and off road. The ride is quiet and smooth while still being a true truck based vehicle. I am quite happy. The vehicle I got happened to have a moon roof. A feature I would never have ordered, but really enjoy it.

Perfect Truck/Car - SUV
By Dpere on 01/04/08 20:14 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Searched and searched for a replacement for my wife's Toyota Tundra. Wanted something smaller - but still had some capacity to haul stuff. Looked at Mercedes ML350, VW Tourag, Chevy Tahoe. We kept trying to convince ourselves not to buy another Toyota, now we have 3 in the drive way. This SUV rocks! Solid build, great ride and all the comfort you can ask for. Like the Limited look, lighted running boards, nav system and heated seats. Don't know about gas mileage yet as we have yet to fill the tank.

Fantastic Vehicle
By JmaninAZ on 12/10/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great build quality, excellent ride (even with the XREAS suspension, which firms up the ride just slightly, but it handles great in the corners), good brakes, comfortable seats (I am 6 ft 1 and fit easily) - couldn't be happier. Silky smooth V8, and gas mileage after 1 week was a pleasant surprise - 20.3 combined city and highway (I drive it gently, though!). Can't wait to take it to the mountains in Arizona and find some snow!

Expensive yet spartan
By GTFLDAD on 12/01/07 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck. Toyota reliability throughout, but they aren't giving anything away! If you want the nice features like lit-up window/lock/mirror controls on the door or a simple garage door opener, you better pony up a few more bucks.

A Worthy Investment
By 4RunnerKen on 11/24/07 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its all in the details. This 100% Japanese-made wonder is exactly what those who appreciate automotive excellence in engineering are looking for. From the convex mirrors on the D pillars so you can see what or who might be approaching as you think about backing out into the parking lane, to the 3 jets in each of the two windshield washer spigots on the hood, to the extra compartment in the glove box, to the oil filter on the 4.0 liter V-6 located on the top of the engine, to the quality of the leather on the seats, to the built-in trash bag holder on the rear of the console, to the wonderfuly quiet ride and smooth suspension. It is all so very impressive. We couldn't be more pleased.

Great Choice
By Bob S on 11/10/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a '96 4Runner and decided to get another, the 2008 Limited 4WD. The only Japanese SUV with a solid axle - I tow a 3000 lb boat. The 6 has lots of pep for towing on the weekends. I don't feel like I've given up any towing by not getting the 8 (but I bet the 8 can really tow) and benefit from good mileage during the week. The car is solid, nav and Bluetooth are excellent. Backup camera allows me to line up the tow hitch, a valuable option for me. I did remove all the 4Runner badging - one of the only Toyotas to have the badging on the sides of the car. AC controls are Gameboyish, but I keep the Auto climate control on all the time (even when towing), so don't use them.

Great mid size RWD SUV
By Wyatt on 10/11/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Im very happy with my 4Runner and with a little tweaking plus a few accessories I will like it even more. Hopefully the TRD supercharger will be available soon. So far (three tanks) my mileage has been slightly better than advertised which is always a pleasant surprise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.