2008 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Fantastic Vehicle
By JmaninAZ on 12/10/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great build quality, excellent ride (even with the XREAS suspension, which firms up the ride just slightly, but it handles great in the corners), good brakes, comfortable seats (I am 6 ft 1 and fit easily) - couldn't be happier. Silky smooth V8, and gas mileage after 1 week was a pleasant surprise - 20.3 combined city and highway (I drive it gently, though!). Can't wait to take it to the mountains in Arizona and find some snow!

Expensive yet spartan
By GTFLDAD on 12/01/07 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck. Toyota reliability throughout, but they aren't giving anything away! If you want the nice features like lit-up window/lock/mirror controls on the door or a simple garage door opener, you better pony up a few more bucks.

A Worthy Investment
By 4RunnerKen on 11/24/07 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It’s all in the details. This 100% Japanese-made wonder is exactly what those who appreciate automotive excellence in engineering are looking for. From the convex mirrors on the “D” pillars so you can see what or who might be approaching as you think about backing out into the parking lane, to the 3 jets in each of the two windshield washer spigots on the hood, to the extra compartment in the glove box, to the oil filter on the 4.0 liter V-6 located on the top of the engine, to the quality of the leather on the seats, to the built-in trash bag holder on the rear of the console, to the wonderfuly quiet ride and smooth suspension. It is all so very impressive. We couldn't be more pleased.

Great Choice
By Bob S on 11/10/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a '96 4Runner and decided to get another, the 2008 Limited 4WD. The only Japanese SUV with a solid axle - I tow a 3000 lb boat. The 6 has lots of pep for towing on the weekends. I don't feel like I've given up any towing by not getting the 8 (but I bet the 8 can really tow) and benefit from good mileage during the week. The car is solid, nav and Bluetooth are excellent. Backup camera allows me to line up the tow hitch, a valuable option for me. I did remove all the 4Runner badging - one of the only Toyotas to have the badging on the sides of the car. AC controls are Gameboyish, but I keep the Auto climate control on all the time (even when towing), so don't use them.

Great mid size RWD SUV
By Wyatt on 10/11/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’m very happy with my 4Runner and with a little tweaking plus a few accessories I will like it even more. Hopefully the TRD supercharger will be available soon. So far (three tanks) my mileage has been slightly better than advertised which is always a pleasant surprise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$122 per month*