2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Very Happy Customer!
By Wade on 07/08/08 07:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always enjoyed the look of the 4Runners since they came out and they constantly keep impressing me. The inside is a little 90s, but the look of the outside and the ride quality more than makes up for it. It is a very sharp and very reliable car that will suite our needs for years to come!

Nice Bang for your Buck
By MTNCLMBR on 06/12/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a couple months now and I love it! We traded in our 2003 Ford Explorer Limited and are very pleased. It hauls our family around with ease. We don't know why we didn't buy this car back in 2003. The build quality is superior and has very useful features that any American car would envy. I have always heard of Toyotas lasting for 250,000+ miles, so lets hope this one will do the same! We live in Arizona and this car handles the mountains with ease, almost as if it is my daughters Jeep, if not better. It's too bad that it is my car and my husband wont get out of it, because then maybe I could tell you more!

My second 4Runner
By a2992 on 06/10/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I sold my '94 4Runner in 2006, I've always had my eye on getting another. My only complaint about the '94 was that there was no V8 at the time, and the V6 was WAY underpowered. So when I was in the market for a new car, I purchased the V8 Limited 4WD, and I'm happy. The new 4Runner is futuristic enough, while still maintaining the DNA of the original generations. The solid construction, "never-die" dependability, and fun driving attitude make it a joy to drive. It's as if I'm back in the '94, but this time, with all the power I've ever wanted with 270 HP, and 300+ ft/lbs of torque. I'm raring to get this thing off road where it belongs.

TBA
By 4RunnerCanuck on 05/20/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At a mere 2200km, 4Runner had to be boosted three mornings in a row. After my first visit to the dealership, this brand new 4Runner had a defective battery replaced! We'll see... The driver seat is quite uncomfortable. Hurts my back. I'm six feet tall. The seat part is way too short, angles are all wrong. If there are any other defects, I'm dumping this truck.

traded my 2006 for a 2008
By Rob on 05/06/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well, we traded in our 2006 V8 Limited X-REAS for a 2008 that is exactly the same in every respect. The new Michelins ride nicier but have less grip and are softer (bouncier) than the Bridgestones, we do not like the new tires. The X-REAS suspension is softer on the 2008 and does not handle as well, if the shocks were a little stiffer it would be perfect. We drive fast generally and live in the country, the handling is important to us.

Best 1 yet
By 3rd4runner on 05/05/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 4Runners- 1997 SR5 that was recently sold with nearly 162000 almost completely trouble-free miles, a 2001 SR5 that I wrecked with 183000 even more trouble-free miles and a new 2008 Limited. We need at least 1 truck in the family to move people and items, and I can't think of a better choice. The 2008 is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. The fit and finish is top quality and Toyota continues to improve the creature comforts. I see this car being around for 200000 miles.

Great vehicle
By 4runner on 04/27/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Came out of a Honda Accord and was worried about the comfort of an SUV, so I looked at the Highlander but wasn't that impressed with the sytling. Tried the 4Runner and fell in love with the comfort and ride. I purchased the Limited 4 wheel drive model and could not be happier. If you like to fish or go to out of the way areas, this is the vehicle to choose.

One Amazing Rig
By Rav4Runner on 04/14/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had my runner for about 4 months now, and I must say amazing in every category. The mileage has been great so far (17.5 average) and the V8 is smooth and purrs like a happy cat. Not to mention it tows great! I would not get any other vehicle.

Good SUV!
By pt on 04/04/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good SUV! More comfortable than previous years. Handling is very good compare to other Toyota models, specially the new Highlander.

From NEW to Totaled in 1 month
By MY RUNNER on 04/03/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 4runner in February and finally thought I had the car of my dreams... and I did! Until just last week I was hit broadside by a woman who fell asleep behind the wheel driving @ 60+ miles/hour. My 4runner took the hit like a champ. Every safety feature worked flawlessy, saving my life. I feel there would have been a much more tragic result if I had been driving any other vehicle. The other driver survived as well, but then again she was driving a tank. I plan on buying a brand new 4Runner this weekend and will be a loyal 4Runner owner for life! This is a great buy for many, many reasons. I highly recommend this SUV to anyone with style and safety in mind.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.