2008 Urban Runner
By dcrogers11 on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased Urban Runner Sport edition because of the overall appearance and option package. After 1000 miles, I have enjoyed the driving experience. The Blizzard Pearl color really stands out. The xreas stability control is not just a gimmick, but gives a safer feel to handling. MPG has been running from 20.5 to 22.7. I drive 65-70 mph with 80% hwy driving. Bluetooth function paired nicely with my iPhone and works well. Tomtom was a big letdown. Don't buy the UR package for the Tomtom. Instead opt for the nav option in a Sport or Limited. It cost more, but if GPS guidance is what you're looking for spend more for the nav/backup option. V6 engine has good acceleration for a 4.0.
Favorite Features
Handling, MPG, ride. Will change my own oil thanks to nifty idea on oil filter/drain idea. Like the overall looks of the UR package and the pearl really stands out over standard white 4runner. Use my phone a lot and Bluetooth option is great.
Suggested Improvements
Tomtom used in UR is outdated tech. Its small and hard to read and not a reliable nav tool. I still carry my Garmin when going to unknown destination because I don't trust it. AC/temp/fan controls are quirky. Radio controls are Gameboyish and not well thought out.