2008 Urban Runner Sport
By Mark S. on
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I originally wanted a Tundra Limited Pickup because of the versatility, the sunroof, and the electric back window, but it wouldn't fit in the garage, so I waited until there was a 0% financing option and bought the 4- Runner. I love it with a few reservations. As I've read in other reviews, the mpg indicator is somewhat optimistic. I've been averaging about 20 mpg at highway speeds of 70 mph. If I keep it at 55-60 I've done as well as 23 with the V6. The interior with the Urban Runner option is much nicer than the standard Sport, but I wonder how sturdy the Alcantara portion of the seats will be over time. The Tom-Tom GPS is great, as you can remove and use separately.
Favorite Features
With the sunroof open, side and rear windows down it reminds me of my 1965 Mercury Montclair with the Breezeway window ... feels like almost like a convertible. Great looking in Titanium Silver Metallic. The seats are very comfortable and non-fatiguing on a 8.5 hour trip taken recently.
Suggested Improvements
Memory on mirrors & driver seat option for the Sport; 8-way passenger seat (don't they make this for the Japanese market where the right side is the driver seat?) Dual exhaust after market option from dealer like the Tundra; standard radio stinks. Sunroof roar on tilt. "Squish" on the brake pedal.