2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Has met my expectations and more
By SJackman on 02/02/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do a lot of driving around town and mixed use driving and have gotten great mileage for the type of vehicle. I typically average between 20.5 and 21 mpg and when I'm just doing highway driving I've gotten up to 25 mpg averaging 65-70. It handles nicely and maneuvers well. It's fun to drive and I love mine.

Best SUV
By James on 01/22/09 06:25 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my 3rd 4Runner. I absolutely love this vehicle. It handles nicely and has plenty of room inside. I have never had mechanical issues with any of my 4Runners. The reliability is unbeatable. If taken care of property, this vehicle could last for an easy 10 years or more. I can't imagine driving any else!

Love it
By Mike on 12/23/08 07:16 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its a smooth ride for such a strong SUV. The v6 version is the one I bought. In comparison to the ford and the chevy it had about the same power but more pick up and go in the 4runner. Size wise its about the same.

Love the 4 RUnner
By Mike on 09/26/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am so happy I bought this vehicle. My biggest surprise has been how well it rides on the highway. I've done a bit of off-road but missed the snow last year. I can't wait to take it on ski trips later this year. I'm averaging 22.1 MPG at 8,500 miles, which I'm happy with. No regrets.

A Great SUV!!
By csholmes123 on 09/24/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Toyota 4Runner this past summer and overall, I am totally impressed. I am also surprised at the fuel economy and the features; everything is pretty much at your fingertips so that you can stay focus when driving. Toyota 4Runner, "I love what you do for me."

This is it... best true SUV
By Brent on 09/23/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my '08 SR5 2WD 4Runner now for over a month and have put a couple of thousand miles on it. Wow, this is it, the best true SUV. When I was ready to replace my '97 LT 2WD Chevy Tahoe I looked and test drove a bunch of vehicles. After driving the 4Runner for an extended tested drive I knew it was the truck for me. The V6 performs so well in so many areas, the truck is laid out perfectly and thoughtfully, and at 6'-5" and 280 I'm very comfortable. It is awesome on the highway, very quiet, very solid and plenty of power. Lots of compartments to stowaway stuff. I am set for canoing, fly fishing, biking and camping.

Good SUV!
By pt on 04/04/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good SUV! More comfortable than previous years. Handling is very good compare to other Toyota models, specially the new Highlander.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.