Used 2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Has met my expectations and more
By SJackman

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do a lot of driving around town and mixed use driving and have gotten great mileage for the type of vehicle. I typically average between 20.5 and 21 mpg and when I'm just doing highway driving I've gotten up to 25 mpg averaging 65-70. It handles nicely and maneuvers well. It's fun to drive and I love mine.

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof and leather seats. So much easier to clean. I also like that it shows my average mileage range, and average mpg. The 6 disc cd changer and ipod port are also great.

Suggested Improvements

More front passenger leg room for taller riders. A nicer radio display.

Best SUV
By James

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my 3rd 4Runner. I absolutely love this vehicle. It handles nicely and has plenty of room inside. I have never had mechanical issues with any of my 4Runners. The reliability is unbeatable. If taken care of property, this vehicle could last for an easy 10 years or more. I can't imagine driving any else!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance. Rides smoothly. Handles great on the road. Love the leather interior. Great storage space.

Suggested Improvements

Update the interior controls.

Love it
By Mike

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its a smooth ride for such a strong SUV. The v6 version is the one I bought. In comparison to the ford and the chevy it had about the same power but more pick up and go in the 4runner. Size wise its about the same.

Favorite Features

The rear window is power so in the summer its going to be nice to put that down and get some air flow.

Suggested Improvements

A little nicer interior its about the same boringness of the competitors but its still dull

Love the 4 RUnner
By Mike

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am so happy I bought this vehicle. My biggest surprise has been how well it rides on the highway. I've done a bit of off-road but missed the snow last year. I can't wait to take it on ski trips later this year. I'm averaging 22.1 MPG at 8,500 miles, which I'm happy with. No regrets.

Favorite Features

High clearance. Rear power window is awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

Standard sound system should be upgraded for better sound.

A Great SUV!!
By csholmes123

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Toyota 4Runner this past summer and overall, I am totally impressed. I am also surprised at the fuel economy and the features; everything is pretty much at your fingertips so that you can stay focus when driving. Toyota 4Runner, "I love what you do for me."

Favorite Features

Stirring controls, moonroof tilt opening and closing feature, and the power rear view glass.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that you can let the rear-view glass up as well as down with your remote keypad. Toyota should consider having push button start in future 4Runners models.