Used 2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Toyota 4 Runner - A Great Ride
By Kahuna Bob

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best Vehicle ever!
By Brian Petersen

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2008 SR5 V6 for 7.5 years and it has proven to be the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect reliability, useful utility configuration (I love the unique lift-gate power window), great comfort, excellent audio system (I use MP3 CD's), and a great looking design. With normal dealer maintenance there have been no problems at all. The only design element that you need to adapt to are the heat/air buttons. I have no trouble with winters in Iowa, and always look forward to driving this sharp looking model. I installed a chrome horse head hood ornament so I could always look between a horses ears as I drive... I like to think of it like riding an ultra-smooth horse.

just get it!
By drew

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Don't waste your time looking for something else if you want a true off road capable, comfortable, reliable, all around great vehicle. I bought mine with 66k last year have almost 90k now a year later. The only problem I had is the stupid owners before me bought the worst possible tires for snow. I went and bought some blizzaks and now it's unstoppable in a Minnesota winter. I have never written a review for anything before. I freaking love my 4runner.

Yea, I loved my 2008 Urban Runner
By snowchasr

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my dream vehicle. It handled well on the highway, was great in winter conditions, and is one of very few SUV's that have any strong styling anymore. Furthermore, with the truck frame, I believe it is one of the safest. I too was involved in a head on accident at 65 Mph and survived well in this truck! When I originally purchased this vehicle in Spring of 2009, I was glad to have the confidence of all the safety features, but never thought I would have to use them in such a severe accident. Glad to have survived, wish my 4Runner did too.

Loved...Loved...Loved my 2008 4Runner!
By horseluver5

2008 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 4Runner that I bought in December of 09'.
I loved that car from the first time I drove it.
It was great in the snow, rain or mountains.
The 6 cylinder had enough power to get me where ever I wanted to go.

Unfortunately on August 3rd I was in an accident where we were basically hit head on, but to the amazement of everyone we "walked" away with minor injuries!
It was me, my daughter and my 3 year old granddaughter in her car seat in the back.
Us two up front have injury from the seatbelts/whiplash but my granddaughter is completely fine.
I can't say the same for my car, she didn't make it through the accident but she did save our lives!
Best Car Ever!

Wasn't a thing about this car that I didn't like. Loved the fact that it took a head on hit and all passenger's are ok, the safety rating on this should be all 5's! If I could add a picture of the damaged car...you wouldn't believe that we are all alive! Best car I have ever owned and I will always stick with Toyota!