2008 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Best Car I have ever owned
By Eric on 01/17/10 07:11 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this salsa red 4Runner for nearly two years and am delighted with it. I bought it mainly to take down rough forest roads to go camping in Arizona. My circumstances changed when I ended up making a fast trip to Alaska in late winter for a new job, and while the mileage took a dive operating at high speeds, windy conditions, and heavily loaded, it performed flawlessly en route north. It is a striking looking vehicle.

Major Exhuast & Emission Problem
By Major Exhaust prob.. on 04/12/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have already taken my '08 Toy. 4Runner 5 times to 3 different Toyota dealerships for service... they've changed my catalytic converter and I still have a problem with my exhaust and emission system of this car. When I drive it in the highway in the speeds of 60 MPH and faster I get a real STRONG and HEAVY sulfuric and ammonia scent entering inside of the vehicle which gives me a headache and bothers my newborn baby. I basically cannot drive this automobile with my windows down!!! Toyota service is the worst that I've ever seen!!!

I love this vehicle
By reggie1906 on 03/04/09 13:24 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I have test driven plenty of them. The design of this vehicle is awesome. Although the mileage is not that great it does very well on the highway. If you haven't purchased one yet get out and get one.

Truly the best vehicle I ever bought
By jimmy2x on 12/10/08 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well - this is my 1st SUV. Was purchased pretty much for cross-country traveling. Rides much better than expected given that it is body-on-frame with a solid rear axle. Of course that is what gives the 4Runner true off-road capability which includes true 4-wheel LO with the ability to lock up the axles. Excellent tracking in rain and snow with at least a reasonable chance of getting out if you foul up and get stuck. Leather seats are comfortable and multi-adjustable. Good visibility and the LTD comes with a back-up camera that plays thru the nav system for a decent view behind you. Rear hatch closes electrically once you get close to avoid slamming. Not a rattle or a squeak

Best 1 yet
By 3rd4runner on 05/05/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 4Runners- 1997 SR5 that was recently sold with nearly 162000 almost completely trouble-free miles, a 2001 SR5 that I wrecked with 183000 even more trouble-free miles and a new 2008 Limited. We need at least 1 truck in the family to move people and items, and I can't think of a better choice. The 2008 is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. The fit and finish is top quality and Toyota continues to improve the creature comforts. I see this car being around for 200000 miles.

Great mid size RWD SUV
By Wyatt on 10/11/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’m very happy with my 4Runner and with a little tweaking plus a few accessories I will like it even more. Hopefully the TRD supercharger will be available soon. So far (three tanks) my mileage has been slightly better than advertised which is always a pleasant surprise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota 4Runner in VA is:

$122 per month*