Used 2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Best Vehicle ever!
By Brian Petersen

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2008 SR5 V6 for 7.5 years and it has proven to be the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect reliability, useful utility configuration (I love the unique lift-gate power window), great comfort, excellent audio system (I use MP3 CD's), and a great looking design. With normal dealer maintenance there have been no problems at all. The only design element that you need to adapt to are the heat/air buttons. I have no trouble with winters in Iowa, and always look forward to driving this sharp looking model. I installed a chrome horse head hood ornament so I could always look between a horses ears as I drive... I like to think of it like riding an ultra-smooth horse.

just get it!
By drew

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Don't waste your time looking for something else if you want a true off road capable, comfortable, reliable, all around great vehicle. I bought mine with 66k last year have almost 90k now a year later. The only problem I had is the stupid owners before me bought the worst possible tires for snow. I went and bought some blizzaks and now it's unstoppable in a Minnesota winter. I have never written a review for anything before. I freaking love my 4runner.

Has met my expectations and more
By SJackman

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do a lot of driving around town and mixed use driving and have gotten great mileage for the type of vehicle. I typically average between 20.5 and 21 mpg and when I'm just doing highway driving I've gotten up to 25 mpg averaging 65-70. It handles nicely and maneuvers well. It's fun to drive and I love mine.

I love the sunroof and leather seats. So much easier to clean. I also like that it shows my average mileage range, and average mpg. The 6 disc cd changer and ipod port are also great.

More front passenger leg room for taller riders. A nicer radio display.

Best SUV
By James

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my 3rd 4Runner. I absolutely love this vehicle. It handles nicely and has plenty of room inside. I have never had mechanical issues with any of my 4Runners. The reliability is unbeatable. If taken care of property, this vehicle could last for an easy 10 years or more. I can't imagine driving any else!

Exterior appearance. Rides smoothly. Handles great on the road. Love the leather interior. Great storage space.

Update the interior controls.

Love it
By Mike

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its a smooth ride for such a strong SUV. The v6 version is the one I bought. In comparison to the ford and the chevy it had about the same power but more pick up and go in the 4runner. Size wise its about the same.

The rear window is power so in the summer its going to be nice to put that down and get some air flow.

A little nicer interior its about the same boringness of the competitors but its still dull