New 4Runner Fan
By New 4Runner Fan on
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've had my new (and first) 4Runner for two months and just finished two long road trips in it. The first was to Idaho (1500 miles round trip) and the second was to Yosemite (700 miles round trip). What a great truck! I've previously taken my Highlander and Camry on these trips, but the 4Runner is by far the most comfortable way to go. It has a great ride, plenty of room, and averaged between 20 and 26 mpg, depending upon the terrain I was driving in (I've got the 6 cylinder). Ran the air the whole time since it was middle of summer, and no problems. I read all of the reviews here before I bought, and they were right-on with pros and cons, as I'll detail in the two sections below. I'm a fan!
Favorite Features
Great, great ride, especially for a truck! Good gas mileage for the size/power. Plenty of power, and plenty of room in storage area. I've got the Sport Edition, and I really like both the exterior and interior styling. All of my neighbors have come by to tell me the same thing! I have Shadow Mica.
Suggested Improvements
It takes some adjusting to get a comfortable driver's seat position, wish I had memory control. Power window controls in an awkward location, but I've gotten used to them. The tube running boards look great, but are less practical than the standard flat ones. Gas mileage drops noticeably in hills.