My 3rd 4Runner - Bullet Proof as Usual
By John on
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Just purchased my first new car ever and my 3rd 4runner (first baby on the way!). I have always been a used car guy, can't stand new vehicles depreciating 10 - 20% the moment you drive it off the lot. But if any SUV holds it value and limits "day one depreciation" its the 4Runner. My first 2 4Runners, an 87 and a 94 with combined mileage of 565K were rock solid and my new 07 holds true. Much better ride and handeling in this new version thanks to an increase in 4 inches in width. The 4WD V6 is plenty powerful for my driving needs and the sport package looks sharp. Averaging 19 MPG - wish could be better. Only complaint is that its my wife's and future child's daily driver and not mine.
Favorite Features
Fit and finish is superb, bullet proof reliability, smooth gear shifting, very quiet interior. Ride and comfort is excellent, dash layout is excellent and tilt/telescopic steering wheel accommodates all size drivers. Oil filter and drain plug location is very very convenient for "do-it-yourselfers".
Suggested Improvements
Window controls should be illuminated, there should be an internal and/or remote tailgate release and a steering wheel radio mute button, wish it had an iPod dock rather than just a simple RCA jack, but it works. Bluetooth should be separate option rather than part of the 2K+ navigation package.