2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Exception Sport Edition

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Exception Sport Edition
By JonInWA on

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As a Realtor, I needed a vehicle that can get into interesting places, regardless of weather, be safe and reliable, and also present a good professional image. I deliberately chose the mid-level Sport Edition - I liked the larger disc brake rotors, the X-REAS suspension, the cloth seats, and the side tube steps. We special ordered ours. I wanted the navigation system, side airbags and sunroof primarily. The 4Runner is the ONLY vehicle that I've had (including Jaguar, Mercedes, Mazda, Volvo, Honda and Nissan that was (and has been) absolutely flawless. Great driver and 4WD system.

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission torque, power delivery and smoothness; superb intuitive navigation system. The 4Runner performed superbly in a protracted snow/ice accumulation we had during the winter. The large exterior mirrors really provide good rear visibility regarding adjacent vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

Illuminate the Homelink buttons, and provide a greater range of passenger seat adjustability. In-town fuel economy isn't great (averaging 18-19 MPG), but the highway mileage is exceptional, 23 MPG avg. While they work, the climate controls are not intuitive, and require too much attention to adjust.