Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Incredible Value
By Chris

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 4Runner and recently crashed it into a telephone pole, then through a large fence (going 40 mph). I walked away with only a small scratch on my finger. The truck was completely destroyed. I was so impressed with the overall performance of the 2004 4Runner, I had to get another one. So far this truck has met and exceeded all of my expectations.

Drive comfort, engine power, exterior appearance.

The look of the a/c knobs are a bit cheesy.

Best SUV Money Can Buy
By G

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best one I have ever owned. I have owned many SUVs. To list a few I have had a 1994 GMC Yukon, 2006 Ford F150, 1997 Toyota 4runner. All around this is the best from the snow to mountain driving. I drive many kilometers per day, average 225 km a day and this is the most fun, comfortable vehicle out there.

Height control, downhill assist control, brake assist, and the V8 engine.

They should improve on the placement of the window switches, Needs navigation for an option at least.

Will have it forever!!!
By luvinlife

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 4runner 4 months ago after looking at and test driving several SUVs. Initially I wanted a Highlander, but the dealership did not have the one I wanted in stock. They convinced me to test drive the 4runner and I was sold as soon as we drove off the lot. We live in the Northwest where there is a lot of snow and hills. This SUV handles extremely well in the snow with the traction control and stablility control. I went from a 1998 Toyota Camry which I loved, but will never go back to another sedan after owning the 4runner. The over the top safety features and the way the vehicle handles make me feel very safe and in control. The only complaint I have is the stock stereo is crap.

Sunroof, backup mirrors, safety features, stability and traction control.

Placement of the window controls, more head room, stock stereo.

Satisfied so far at 16k+
By jonzerstyle

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this vehicle. My list of cars I have owned is as follows (for understanding purposes): Chevrolet Citation Toyota 4WD SR4 - with roll bar fun! Mustang 2000 coupe For the first time since owning my toy4wd I really like driving. This vehicle owns the off-road equally with the on-road. I can go off-roading to meet up with friends to shoot shotguns or cruise for malls for the girlfriend to shop at - hehe. Throw your snowboard and snow chains and gear in and go. My average MPG is min of 20. Acceleration is great - when some jerk is blocking - u can actually put the pedal to the metal and get around them. My 1 gripe is the AC controls are slightly annoying.

Fast acceleration when u need it, and the 4wd performance is awesome. At first it seemed acceleration lagged in response - but seemed to improve over time. Someone told me the shifting learns - maybe so. I like how it has been working for me over last 10k. 4wd is perfect.

Make AC simpler. Please make it so that AC does not default to circulate when AC is off. I think most people when they have AC off - want to not circulate air. Who picked this? It's annoying and everyone I know hates it when their "smart" ac picks circulate in this situation.

Outstanding all-around SUV
By Timothy Howes

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 2000 Isuzu Trooper. Was going to buy a smaller vehicle, but when I drove the 4Runner I was sold. Amazing ride and handling, yet very capable off-road. Fuel economy for body-on-frame SUV has been very reasonable at 22-23 mpg on highway, 18 mpg in town. Towing is impressive even with V-6. Tows my 4,500lb boat fairly easily. I like the fact that this is a no-bling vehicle that does what its supposed to do without excuses.

Nice level of standard equipment, even in SR5. Smooth ride. Surprisingly decent fuel economy, off-road ability. Base stereo isn't bad either. V-6 gives effortless power.

Not much, HVAC controls could stand some improvement, reclining back seat. Would be nice if vehicle were about 1- 2" higher to allow a little more height inside (I'm 6'2"). Though it doesn't need to be as tall as a Lexus GX 470.