2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Love My 4Runner
By DoomerMan on 08/10/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth 4Runner by my first one with a V8. Traded my 2001 4Runner in for this one because I purchased a new camper. Love the V8, a lot of power, very smooth and comfy. Pulled my 5500 lb camper in the mountains with no problems, went up some steep mountain passes. That V8 is a beast. :)

Not Spacious for the CarSeat Set
By howiepc on 07/30/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of six and when it comes right down to it our decision to purchase the Toyota 4Runner came down to three main components: safety, reliability and fuel economy. We downsized from a Ford Expedition to the 4Runner because the rising gas prices were cause for concern. Overall we do not regret our choice, as there is no comparison to the quality and safety of a Toyota. We will keep our Toyota for years to come, but with a family of six it will probably be relegated to our second vehicle. We find that the 4Runner will meet our needs in a pinch as a family hauler, but trying to fit four children, two are still in car seats is uncomfortable put politely. Next time think minivan.

New 4Runner Fan
By New 4Runner Fan on 07/28/07 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new (and first) 4Runner for two months and just finished two long road trips in it. The first was to Idaho (1500 miles round trip) and the second was to Yosemite (700 miles round trip). What a great truck! I've previously taken my Highlander and Camry on these trips, but the 4Runner is by far the most comfortable way to go. It has a great ride, plenty of room, and averaged between 20 and 26 mpg, depending upon the terrain I was driving in (I've got the 6 cylinder). Ran the air the whole time since it was middle of summer, and no problems. I read all of the reviews here before I bought, and they were right-on with pros and cons, as I'll detail in the two sections below. I'm a fan!

First 4Runner and we love it
By Tina J on 07/22/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Toyota 4Runner and so far we love it. It's amazing how much reliability, performance, and luxury we're getting for the price. We bought it towards the end of Q1'07 when toyota was trying to beat GM in number of sales, so we got a pretty good deal. Granted fuel mileage could be better, but hey, with all the other features we're getting, we can't complain.

4Runner
By rgg2006 on 07/13/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is where Toyota has spent its budget for SUVs. What a great job they've done. The transmission is silky smooth. Quiet. Nice!

Best 4Runner yet!
By Doug on 06/15/07 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 SR5 for this new LTD. The difference in feel is tremendous. The 01 was a great vehicle, and never cost us any money in repairs. The 07 looks better, has more front seat room, and drives really tight. I don't see how Toyota can improve on this model. I kept the last one almost 6 years, and I'm sure down the road I'll be buying another 4Runner! Can't beat the reliability!

Luvin' it!!
By ladalyjaz on 06/14/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although I only just purchased the SR5 model, I love it! I previously had an 01 Explorer - what a difference. The handling is much better and I can't believe that is doesn't feel truckish. So far I seem to be getting really good fuel mileage. I repeat, love this SUV!

Exception Sport Edition
By JonInWA on 05/31/07 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As a Realtor, I needed a vehicle that can get into interesting places, regardless of weather, be safe and reliable, and also present a good professional image. I deliberately chose the mid-level Sport Edition - I liked the larger disc brake rotors, the X-REAS suspension, the cloth seats, and the side tube steps. We special ordered ours. I wanted the navigation system, side airbags and sunroof primarily. The 4Runner is the ONLY vehicle that I've had (including Jaguar, Mercedes, Mazda, Volvo, Honda and Nissan that was (and has been) absolutely flawless. Great driver and 4WD system.

A Great Drive
By MIKE on 05/26/07 00:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pros - a nice ride. Handles well with good acceleration. Cruises nicely at 65 - 70 mph at 2,000 rpm. Avg miles per gallon = 21.5. No vibration of steering wheels over 2,000 rpms as others have suggested. Good radio with great reception. 17" wheels a real plus. Putting the back window down decreases buffeting air when drivers window is down and sunroof open. Cons - brakes a bit weak and seats are harder than my retired highlander.

Pretty good
By jen on 05/02/07 04:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good truck, better on gas than most SUVs. Downfalls are it floats on the highway, a lot of blind spots, especially the 3rd window and the wide panel between the 2nd and 3rd. The roof is very low or the seats are high, if you have a kid in car seat, expect to hit there head a few times. The trunk is so heavy and they need to add extra assistance to close it, not at the end when you actually get it down. I'd love to see a dual sunroof.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.