Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Second 4Runner
By pilot

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1998, which was a VERY good car. This one is more refined, less truck like, and bigger. It gets about the same miles per gallon (19 in mixed driving, 24 on the highway at 55mph). No repairs after 6 months.

Roomy. I had leather seats put in (aftermarket), which my previous SR5 did not have and I like.

I like the old cup holders better. The new ones full up with junk. They put gear 4 and 5 in the same notch. Should only have gear 5 (top gear) in that notch as you can accidently get it in 4 instead of D and not notice it. Rear heat/ac should work on all vent settings. The temp controls are subpar.

Liked my 2003 Better
By Anita

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good, dependable vehicle. This is my 3rd 4Runner. I liked the interior of my earlier ones better. Manual controls were easier to manage while driving. I the exterior design is good.

Exterior styling. The kids like the vent for the back seat heat & A/C.

Temperature control knobs are cumbersome. Not enough power outlets in the front at minimum should be two. Get rid of the back seat trash holder and put back the cup holders.

The SUV to replace lesser sport vehcles
By delray226

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my 4Runner. I average ~22 MPG and this has been fantastic in all weather. Living in a hilly part of the southern tier of NY the traction control and amenities are on par with cars costing up to 15K more. Considered the BMW X3 and it was no comparison. The interior space and comfort is fantastic for the money. I have never owned such a comfortable vehicle. Even the little features like the speed adjusting airfoil for the sunoof just make the driving experience and daily use a real pleasure. The control of the rear window is another great feature to help cabin airflow. The cargo mounted mirrors are a great help when backing up in close quarters.

The aux audio input and in dash MP3 player makes a fantastic 1-2 punch and make long trips easier. The sunroof is just the right size and the operation is smooth, fast, and quiet. The seats are exceptionally comfortable and supportive.

The climate controls are very functional but not very attractive. Better then the highlander but not as refined as the camry. Recommend drawing more in from Lexus here.

My Black Pearl
By Black Pearl

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2007 4 Runner (V-8) is getting between 19 and 22 mpg and can still give a coupe a run for the money. I am very very happy with my 4 Runner! And I've owned other SUVs in the past. Other then my 2002 Highlander (I gave to my daughter) this is the best one I've owned yet. I think if you take good proper care of it, you too should get great results. Just my opinion!

I like the MP3 connection, the climete control, rear vents, the sporty look (SE model), the power, mpg I'm getting, the towing and more.

Could use at least one more power outlet in the front area, and have the mist swipe as standard on the windshield wipers.

1 year later
By Nancie

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to wait to write a review until I had my 4Runner a year. I drive appx. 30000 per year so I needed a comfortable vehicle. My only major complaint is the handling in windy conditions. That might be inherent of this type of vehicle, though. If I keep my foot out of it, my gas mileage improves greatly - 24 MPG. Overall, I love the look and performance .

Tire pressure alert, instant gas mileage panel, handling, exterior styling

Tubular running boards look good, but impractical. More versatile cup holders. Power lift gate. Gas door lever is right next to the hood release lever.