2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Second 4Runner
By pilot

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1998, which was a VERY good car. This one is more refined, less truck like, and bigger. It gets about the same miles per gallon (19 in mixed driving, 24 on the highway at 55mph). No repairs after 6 months.

Favorite Features

Roomy. I had leather seats put in (aftermarket), which my previous SR5 did not have and I like.

Suggested Improvements

I like the old cup holders better. The new ones full up with junk. They put gear 4 and 5 in the same notch. Should only have gear 5 (top gear) in that notch as you can accidently get it in 4 instead of D and not notice it. Rear heat/ac should work on all vent settings. The temp controls are subpar.

Love Galactic Gray
By rush

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at every SUV out there we decided on the 4Runner mainly because of Toyota's reliability. The back window is great if you have dogs! We love everything about the car. There is one problem that we have found, when we first got the vehicle there was a constant rotten egg smell, it since has gone away for the most part but is still there occasionally. We have tried different grades of gas and nothing seems to help.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, back window, design.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of window controls, more adjustment room for passenger seat, fix problem with catalytic converter.

New 4Runner Fan
By New 4Runner Fan

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new (and first) 4Runner for two months and just finished two long road trips in it. The first was to Idaho (1500 miles round trip) and the second was to Yosemite (700 miles round trip). What a great truck! I've previously taken my Highlander and Camry on these trips, but the 4Runner is by far the most comfortable way to go. It has a great ride, plenty of room, and averaged between 20 and 26 mpg, depending upon the terrain I was driving in (I've got the 6 cylinder). Ran the air the whole time since it was middle of summer, and no problems. I read all of the reviews here before I bought, and they were right-on with pros and cons, as I'll detail in the two sections below. I'm a fan!

Favorite Features

Great, great ride, especially for a truck! Good gas mileage for the size/power. Plenty of power, and plenty of room in storage area. I've got the Sport Edition, and I really like both the exterior and interior styling. All of my neighbors have come by to tell me the same thing! I have Shadow Mica.

Suggested Improvements

It takes some adjusting to get a comfortable driver's seat position, wish I had memory control. Power window controls in an awkward location, but I've gotten used to them. The tube running boards look great, but are less practical than the standard flat ones. Gas mileage drops noticeably in hills.

Great ride
By Steve

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am really happy with the value, reliability, performance, and comfort of this vehicle. I do wish it had some fancier options like heated seats (still cloth), home-link for a programmable garage door opener, and compass in the rear view mirror. But kudos to Toyota for building a long-lasting tough vehicle. I also own a 1985 4Runner that runs great and the body looks brand new.