2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
toyota 4runner for ever.
By georgefelix on 08/27/14 08:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do own my 2007 4runner for more than two years , and never get me wrong , I am 100% happy whit the toyota quality and safety , thes is my 4th SUV and none deserves the 5 star qualification .

4Runner's for life!
By pinksapphire23 on 09/25/12 00:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review about my current Runner about 2 years ago, right after I purchased it used with 42k miles on it, so I thought I'd do a little update. Now with 62k miles, this Runner has been nothing but wonderful! I drove my Runner from the East to West Coast carrying my family, two dogs and a Jetta right after I got her, and she ran beautifully, without a single complaint. I took her up to the mountains last winter and drove through heavy snow and black ice, with no chains, even though it is not 4x4, and she still handled like a dream. Wish I could write more, this vehicle is solid. If you are debating if it's the right one for you, look no further!

I like it
By howie b on 03/02/10 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this used with about 32K miles. It replaced a 98 4Runner with 231K miles that I gave to my son. The 07 is very nice, well kept by the prior owner. So far I am impressed with the ride quality and the smoothness of operation. Greatly advanced from the 98 in terms of ride comfort. The 2010 I liked even better but there was the slight matter of the price, the 07 was $10K less. Be careful in the used 4Runner market though, they can be pricey.

Great ride!
By Tnblueyes on 08/30/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Honda CRV, while it was okay, it rode rough, felt every single bump and crack in the road so I was on a mission to find a more comfortable ride that had enough roof clearance to hold 2 large parrot cages buckled into the back seat and enough space in back for our suitcases and such. I test drove the Mazda suv-rode like the crv did, loved the style of xterra but the ride was lacking also. The 4runner was the best ride! On occasion my dad or our grandson travels with us and the backseat has very limited leg room so can't say I would choose the 4runner if we had a larger family, but for dh & i and our feathered kids, its ideal, after all, parrots don't need leg room!

Much improved since 1999
By Jon on 08/04/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1999 4runner for eight trouble-free years. Wife test drove RAV-4 and Highlander, and as soon as we left the lot in the 4Runner she said this is the one. Love the ride, handling and gas mileage,18-20 city, 22-26 highway. Better MPG than the 1999 model. Looking forward to another eight years of worry free driving. Way to go Toyota!!

Starting to regret it
By Disappointed on 09/19/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in Jan. and loved it, but now it's 12,000 miles later. Inside is very small, comfortable in the front seat means no leg room in the back. I am only 5'11" and I hit my head almost every time I get in. 3rd row seats create an even bigger blind spot. Seats arenít too comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is very poor when traveling at highway speeds. It's a nice SUV but not made for families, we wish we would have waited for the new Highlander.

Excellent Vehicle
By enkaycar on 08/10/07 17:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 4Runner after looking at a LOT of other vehicles and the 4Runner was the best choice. Nothing beats Toyota's build quality and that can be seen with the 4Runner. You still see '84 4Runners on the road! Ride quality is excellent and the drive is smooth. Interior design is great too.

4Runner Rules
By toyotaforlife on 04/28/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Toyota 4Runner, and as with the other two, I am thrilled. I will probably always buy 4Runners if they continue to be as great as what I've experienced so far.

Luv It
By Mac on 04/26/07 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned all types of vehicles since 1950s. This is by far the best all around, useful and the most fun to drive of any I have owned. It will tow 5000 lbs, gets about 22 mpg, huge cargo area with the seats down, seats 5 and with the sunroof open and the windows open is almost as fun to drive as any vehicle I have owned... and I have owned about every make at one time or another.

Great SUV for the money
By Toyota Guy on 02/26/07 14:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove the Highlander over New Years and put over 1200 miles on it. When we came back we decided on a 4Runner instead. It had a more rugged design and feel inside, like an SUV should, but the handling felt almost the same as the highlander (built on a Camry frame). So far, with almost 2500 miles on it, gas mileage has not been that different either (avg. 19 city 25 hwy). This is a great SUV with great standard comfort features. I would suggest looking at a different vehicle if you want a 3rd row seat though. The seats fold up along the side instead of fold flat into the floor. They can get in they way often when trying to load cargo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.