Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

toyota 4runner for ever.
By georgefelix

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do own my 2007 4runner for more than two years , and never get me wrong , I am 100% happy whit the toyota quality and safety , thes is my 4th SUV and none deserves the 5 star qualification .

4Runner's for life!
By pinksapphire23

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review about my current Runner about 2 years ago, right after I purchased it used with 42k miles on it, so I thought I'd do a little update. Now with 62k miles, this Runner has been nothing but wonderful! I drove my Runner from the East to West Coast carrying my family, two dogs and a Jetta right after I got her, and she ran beautifully, without a single complaint. I took her up to the mountains last winter and drove through heavy snow and black ice, with no chains, even though it is not 4x4, and she still handled like a dream. Wish I could write more, this vehicle is solid. If you are debating if it's the right one for you, look no further!

Favorite Features

Well made seat material, leg room, trunk room, back seats fold flat, the simplicity of the dash, power rear window, the V6 is powerful, with a great get up and go on the freeway. Seats are very comfortable, compared to the '09 Camry I had last, you can drive for hours without getting too uncomfortable. Overall, the solid, well built quaility and reliability of the truck, you won't find anything in it's class that matches it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more cup holders, in more convienent places. The heat/air controls are strange compared to other vehicles, but you get used to them.

I like it
By howie b

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this used with about 32K miles. It replaced a 98 4Runner with 231K miles that I gave to my son. The 07 is very nice, well kept by the prior owner. So far I am impressed with the ride quality and the smoothness of operation. Greatly advanced from the 98 in terms of ride comfort. The 2010 I liked even better but there was the slight matter of the price, the 07 was $10K less. Be careful in the used 4Runner market though, they can be pricey.

Favorite Features

Nice look, plenty of room except for headroom (why can't they get that right?). Very smooth, enough power, nice sound from the radio and finally an MP3 connection. Quiet ride for a truck. Good size gas tank and so far, about 20MPG. Not bad at all.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the roof!!! Or lower the seat! Even better produce more with no sun roof, that takes about 2 inches away. My wife's CRV has far more head room. And the heater controls are odd, again, look to the Honda that costs $13,000 less for some design and operating tips, they have it right.

Great ride!
By Tnblueyes

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Honda CRV, while it was okay, it rode rough, felt every single bump and crack in the road so I was on a mission to find a more comfortable ride that had enough roof clearance to hold 2 large parrot cages buckled into the back seat and enough space in back for our suitcases and such. I test drove the Mazda suv-rode like the crv did, loved the style of xterra but the ride was lacking also. The 4runner was the best ride! On occasion my dad or our grandson travels with us and the backseat has very limited leg room so can't say I would choose the 4runner if we had a larger family, but for dh & i and our feathered kids, its ideal, after all, parrots don't need leg room!

Favorite Features

The smooth ride for an SUV! We get 19-20 mpg in the city & thats not terrible!

Suggested Improvements

Needs another lighter plug-in in the front seat area!! If I am charging my cell phone-can't plug in the ipod or anything else! Could shift the backseats back a couple more inches to give more legroom to backseat passengers.

Much improved since 1999
By Jon

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1999 4runner for eight trouble-free years. Wife test drove RAV-4 and Highlander, and as soon as we left the lot in the 4Runner she said this is the one. Love the ride, handling and gas mileage,18-20 city, 22-26 highway. Better MPG than the 1999 model. Looking forward to another eight years of worry free driving. Way to go Toyota!!

Favorite Features

Love the silky smooth 5 speed auto. Plenty of power. Nimble handling around town. Power rear window comes in handy for my Labs.

Suggested Improvements

NONE