Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Love It!
By Bob S.

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The big 3 especially GM wonders why nobody wants their cars. Second Toyota and never seen a shop.. Love the 4-Runner.. Smooth handling, Good on fuel, fun to drive. Wish it had a scoche more headroom, but I was unwilling to buy the poor mans SR5. The Limited with the sunroof is the only way to go. The Nav needed help as the one in my F250 rocks! But durability hands down no worries with Toyota!

Body style and reliability.

More headroom. Active power ports even with the power off. Ipod

Third 4-Runner & it only gets better!!!
By partisan

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is out third 4-Runner, and we are about to hit the 36K miles warranty mark. The power is really good, and we are averaging 19 MPG. I wish I could honestly say I had some problem, but that's not the case. This is the first Limited, the other two were SR5's. Being built in Japan with 100% Japanese parts seems to be the best builds. As for SUV's, this really is as good as it gets!

Gas mileage;5 speed trannie;JBL radio;power rear hatch glass;well thought interior;beautiful styling, and unsurpassed reliability!

Make the power control buttons on driver side easier to get to.

Better Than Expected
By Ben

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It was a toss up between ML 350 and the 4Runner. The MB has very poor reliability but the Toyota has no luxury options such as GPS. Sat on the fence for months until I came across a nearly new dealer demo I couldn't pass up. Very happy with it so far. It's like choosing between the hot, high maintenance person or the plain all around good person. One is much easier to live with.

Impressed how it towed my 22' boat better than my v8 Grand Cherokee. Transmission is silky smooth. LED tail lights. Tail gate lock pulls the hatch in softly.

The AC controls work well but are ugly. How about some classy buttons to match the classy interior? GPS. Back up camera. Auto tail gate (at least make it not so heavy). Xenon lights.

Best 4Runner yet!
By Doug

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 SR5 for this new LTD. The difference in feel is tremendous. The 01 was a great vehicle, and never cost us any money in repairs. The 07 looks better, has more front seat room, and drives really tight. I don't see how Toyota can improve on this model. I kept the last one almost 6 years, and I'm sure down the road I'll be buying another 4Runner! Can't beat the reliability!

Seats are more comfortable. 5 speed auto is a real improvement, JBL synthesis sound system is outstanding. Power is more than enough, and exterior styling is great!

Power window controls are a little awkward.

2001 SR5 to a 2007 LTD
By dude13

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 4Runner SR5 for this 07 LTD. I loved the the 01, but the 07 is in a whole other class! Drives great, plenty of power, and the newer styling really looks outstanding! The only problem I had on the 01 was a broken antenna chain. The 07 doesn't have the external antenna so I expect the 07 will never have a problem!

Just about everything.

Nothing to mention at this time.