Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

A Great Decision
By Steve Moreno

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Jan 2007, new. Current milage 50k. Never in for repairs, just scheduled maintenance. Used as a tow vehicle for boats and camping trailer. Has 4wd.

Super Reliable
By schertlerg

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

110,000 miles and haven't needed any repairs outside of normal wear and tear items. The vehicle still doesn't have a squeak or rattle and rides as nice as the day I drove it out of the dealer in 2007.

4Runner 4Ever...this vehicle is bullet proof
By XombieGrip

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle in early 2015. It was 8 years old but you would never know it from the looks and handling. The shifting of gears is very smooth. The ride is little more harsh then standard SUV but it is still very comfortable. The vehicle is very reliable. I have added 8000 miles since purchase and have had no issues except the replacement of tires and one tire (TPMS) sensor which is normal for any vehicle of that age.

On long drives the vehicle handles very well. For the summer, the family trip consisted of a 2 week sightseeing tour through 5 states...no problem whatsoever. We were able to load all our luggage and gear (including an inflatable paddle board) in the cargo area. The seats are comfortable and the layout of controls are easy to handle. On steep upgrades, the 4runner performed flawlessly and mine is only a V6. I averaged about 19 mpg as a daily driver but during the long trips it would hit to about 22 mpg. If you have kids, there is a cigarette lighter in the cargo area. I purchased a long cable adapter and my child could play his electronics, while I still had my front charger for my electronics.

In addition, I am not a mechanic but this vehicle is very easy to work with. The vehicle is high enough off the ground that I was able to add a hitch without a jack. There is a reason you see so many old 4Runners on the streets. They are extremely reliable and there are so many forums and youtube videos on how to DIY fix any problems.

Cons: The cupholders plain suck. BMW cupholders seem better then the 4runner. Also, the stock radio (non JBL) was horrendous. I had to replace it with a Pioneer HU.

toyota 4runner for ever.
By georgefelix

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do own my 2007 4runner for more than two years , and never get me wrong , I am 100% happy whit
the toyota quality
and safety , thes is my 4th SUV and none deserves the 5 star qualification .

Best SUV ever owned...
By freddys555

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 75,000 "absolutely zero" problem miles, I can confidently say this is the best SUV I have ever owned. The global statistics and data speaks for itself. There is no doubt that the 4Runner/Prado/Hilux/etc delivers what it promises. The build quality is solid. There are no rattles, squeaks regardless of driving conditions. The 4x4 capabilities is unlimited. It responds the way you want it to. The interior is dull but it serves its purpose just right. The Koito projector head/fog lights and rear LED perform well. I have never replaced a bulb since I took ownership in 2007. I can never go back to Ford, Chrysler, GM, etc because of quality. Toyota has delivered what it promised me...

4x4 capabilities, handling in all weather conditions, exterior design, powerful V8 with brute torque, towing power, Downhill Assist Control (DAC), overall ride

This 4.7 liter V8 is hungry. Regardless of city or highway driving, this V8 devours gas. Improve interior design, perhaps adding some essential features readily available on other similar makes and models.