Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

toyota 4runner for ever.
By georgefelix

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do own my 2007 4runner for more than two years , and never get me wrong , I am 100% happy whit the toyota quality and safety , thes is my 4th SUV and none deserves the 5 star qualification .

Best SUV ever owned...
By freddys555

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 75,000 "absolutely zero" problem miles, I can confidently say this is the best SUV I have ever owned. The global statistics and data speaks for itself. There is no doubt that the 4Runner/Prado/Hilux/etc delivers what it promises. The build quality is solid. There are no rattles, squeaks regardless of driving conditions. The 4x4 capabilities is unlimited. It responds the way you want it to. The interior is dull but it serves its purpose just right. The Koito projector head/fog lights and rear LED perform well. I have never replaced a bulb since I took ownership in 2007. I can never go back to Ford, Chrysler, GM, etc because of quality. Toyota has delivered what it promised me...

Favorite Features

4x4 capabilities, handling in all weather conditions, exterior design, powerful V8 with brute torque, towing power, Downhill Assist Control (DAC), overall ride

Suggested Improvements

This 4.7 liter V8 is hungry. Regardless of city or highway driving, this V8 devours gas. Improve interior design, perhaps adding some essential features readily available on other similar makes and models.

4Runner's for life!
By pinksapphire23

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review about my current Runner about 2 years ago, right after I purchased it used with 42k miles on it, so I thought I'd do a little update. Now with 62k miles, this Runner has been nothing but wonderful! I drove my Runner from the East to West Coast carrying my family, two dogs and a Jetta right after I got her, and she ran beautifully, without a single complaint. I took her up to the mountains last winter and drove through heavy snow and black ice, with no chains, even though it is not 4x4, and she still handled like a dream. Wish I could write more, this vehicle is solid. If you are debating if it's the right one for you, look no further!

Favorite Features

Well made seat material, leg room, trunk room, back seats fold flat, the simplicity of the dash, power rear window, the V6 is powerful, with a great get up and go on the freeway. Seats are very comfortable, compared to the '09 Camry I had last, you can drive for hours without getting too uncomfortable. Overall, the solid, well built quaility and reliability of the truck, you won't find anything in it's class that matches it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more cup holders, in more convienent places. The heat/air controls are strange compared to other vehicles, but you get used to them.

174,000 miles and running strong
By pkellogg

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Yes, I know I drive a lot. This review is on a 2007 SR5 4WD - 174,000 miles. Car has been great..I can't complain about anything. It just developed a small drip where the transfer case bolts to the transmission. About $2K to fix this..so likely will get a new car soon. Did oil changes when the light came on, did 100K service when needed, thats the only things I have done to this car. MPG is consistent at 20.9 on mostly highway driving.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, good power, easy to engage 4WD, tow's a Ski Natique good, good brakes, good paint, still looks good after 174K miles

Great truck
By mike

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking and researching vehicles for about a year I finally came down to either a 4runner or Ford exploder. I really wanted to buy domestic. But after much research the explorer was no match for the 4runner. Great ride bulletproof quality and dependability this truck is great. Toyota does it again.

Favorite Features

Tow package,smooth ride and the sport package

Suggested Improvements

Yeah I would agree with everyone about the power window controls being to low.