2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
toyota 4runner for ever.
By georgefelix on 08/27/14 08:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do own my 2007 4runner for more than two years , and never get me wrong , I am 100% happy whit the toyota quality and safety , thes is my 4th SUV and none deserves the 5 star qualification .

Best SUV ever owned...
By freddys555 on 06/21/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 75,000 "absolutely zero" problem miles, I can confidently say this is the best SUV I have ever owned. The global statistics and data speaks for itself. There is no doubt that the 4Runner/Prado/Hilux/etc delivers what it promises. The build quality is solid. There are no rattles, squeaks regardless of driving conditions. The 4x4 capabilities is unlimited. It responds the way you want it to. The interior is dull but it serves its purpose just right. The Koito projector head/fog lights and rear LED perform well. I have never replaced a bulb since I took ownership in 2007. I can never go back to Ford, Chrysler, GM, etc because of quality. Toyota has delivered what it promised me...

4Runner's for life!
By pinksapphire23 on 09/25/12 00:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review about my current Runner about 2 years ago, right after I purchased it used with 42k miles on it, so I thought I'd do a little update. Now with 62k miles, this Runner has been nothing but wonderful! I drove my Runner from the East to West Coast carrying my family, two dogs and a Jetta right after I got her, and she ran beautifully, without a single complaint. I took her up to the mountains last winter and drove through heavy snow and black ice, with no chains, even though it is not 4x4, and she still handled like a dream. Wish I could write more, this vehicle is solid. If you are debating if it's the right one for you, look no further!

174,000 miles and running strong
By pkellogg on 09/09/11 16:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Yes, I know I drive a lot. This review is on a 2007 SR5 4WD - 174,000 miles. Car has been great..I can't complain about anything. It just developed a small drip where the transfer case bolts to the transmission. About $2K to fix this..so likely will get a new car soon. Did oil changes when the light came on, did 100K service when needed, thats the only things I have done to this car. MPG is consistent at 20.9 on mostly highway driving.

Great truck
By mike on 09/01/10 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking and researching vehicles for about a year I finally came down to either a 4runner or Ford exploder. I really wanted to buy domestic. But after much research the explorer was no match for the 4runner. Great ride bulletproof quality and dependability this truck is great. Toyota does it again.

Love It!
By Bob S. on 06/07/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The big 3 especially GM wonders why nobody wants their cars. Second Toyota and never seen a shop.. Love the 4-Runner.. Smooth handling, Good on fuel, fun to drive. Wish it had a scoche more headroom, but I was unwilling to buy the poor mans SR5. The Limited with the sunroof is the only way to go. The Nav needed help as the one in my F250 rocks! But durability hands down no worries with Toyota!

Impressed
By happy mom on 04/12/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We were loyal gm buyers until we became tired of paying the repair bills. We decided to go for it and bought our 4Runner. I love it! It is so quiet on the road and is fun to drive, I am 5'10" and find it so comfortable. We have two boys that are still in booster and car seats and there is plenty of room. I am impressed by the gas mileage. I thought that it would be poor but it is better than my smaller GM suv. I could go on and on, I am glad we bought it!

I like it
By howie b on 03/02/10 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this used with about 32K miles. It replaced a 98 4Runner with 231K miles that I gave to my son. The 07 is very nice, well kept by the prior owner. So far I am impressed with the ride quality and the smoothness of operation. Greatly advanced from the 98 in terms of ride comfort. The 2010 I liked even better but there was the slight matter of the price, the 07 was $10K less. Be careful in the used 4Runner market though, they can be pricey.

SAFE!!!
By jkelleeday on 02/23/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a firm truck only driver but decided to buy a 4Runner after I had my first son. We were rear-ended 5 months after I bought it, the other car was totaled and my 4Runner had a dent in the bumper. It kept my little one and I safe!! Handles well on and off road.

Third 4-Runner & it only gets better!!!
By partisan on 02/18/10 16:13 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is out third 4-Runner, and we are about to hit the 36K miles warranty mark. The power is really good, and we are averaging 19 MPG. I wish I could honestly say I had some problem, but that's not the case. This is the first Limited, the other two were SR5's. Being built in Japan with 100% Japanese parts seems to be the best builds. As for SUV's, this really is as good as it gets!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.