2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Well engineered

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Review

Well engineered
By Peter on

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very well engineered vehichle. Attractive outside and inside, comfortable, sensible controls, lots of space, cupholders. Easy to flip down rear seats for cargo space, put them back up for passengers. With the windows closed, the most quiet vehichle I've ever owned. Very relaxing on long highway drives. Peppy acceleration. Excellent off road performance, and surprisingly smooth on rough terrain. My quibbles: front passenger seat has only 4 way controls instead of 6, and no lumbar support -- why shouldn't I have same adjustments when wife drives as when I do? In daylight when I'm wearing sunglasses, hard to read clock. Responsive handling, but on curvy highways you don't want to push it.

Comfort, room, quality, quiet interior, power, off-road handling, looks.

Give same seat controls for front passenger seat as driver's seat. Brighter daytime lighting on clock and computer display. I'm 6' and would appreciate a bit more thigh support in the front seats (make them longer), but my 5'7" wife finds them perfect.