2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: New Impression for an Old Frie

2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

New Impression for an Old Friend
By pain-doc on

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having a short attention span, I have been through a number of SUVs including a 02 Pathfinder, 03 Sequoia, 02 BMW X5 V8, 02 4Runner, 04 CR-V to name a few. This 06 seems to be the best mix for the price. My primary gripes are headroom on ingress, climate control knobs/buttons, and lack of dark interior option. If I could have had a scaled-down Sequoia, that would have been perfect. The V8 in this intermediate is a true luxury. I love the throttle response. Many complain that it is too responsive, but being primarily a sports car guy, it is a welcome attribute. I wanted a masculine SUV that had a livable nature and that is what I got.

Throttle response, masculine appearance, and obvious build quality.

Change the climate controls to knobs to those on the Sequoia, Make the dark interior only available on the Sport Edition available on all trim levels, Increase the entry headroom slightly, Clean up the appearance of the trailer hitch (make only the receiver visible).