2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Glad I got it

2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Glad I got it
By steed on

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have 2 little ones, so we traded in a very nice 2003 TL S-type for the sport 4 runner. My wife was tired of bending over to load kids. We are very happy with the choice. Although not nearly as loaded as our old ride, the 4runner handles very well for a truck based suv. It feels light to drive. I actually like the cloth seats better than leather, and the exterior of the sport edition is just plain cool looking. Much better gas milage than I expected. Engine power is adequate and a good mix of power & economy. Plan on making this "the truck" and trading in my pickup for something a little better on gas. Plan on keeping this a while...

Power rear window, one touch sunroof (open and close), the new grill, lamps, and rack on the 2006 sport - looks better than the limited, MP3 jack in glovebox, and power-close liftgate, gas milage (20-21 mixed driving).

No memory seat or auto headlamps (probably need limited), cheap flimsy visors, no "auto tilt in reverse" mirrors