Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By generalpatton on
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I just passed my 3 year anniversary with my 2006 4Runner Sport and the build quality on this vehicle continues to amaze me. (knock on wood) To date I've not had a single repair item, the only service work I've had done are oil changes and regularly scheduled maintenance. Totally awesome even by Toyota standards! For a mid-size SUV the 4Runner is as good as it gets with a strong V6 motor, adequate mileage, great styling and comfort and the awesome reliability that I previously mentioned. For the first time in a long time I'm 3 years into a vehicle and I'm not thinking about unloading it for the next bright shiny thing that catches my attention. It's a beautiful thing :) !!
Favorite Features
Roll down rear window, styling, strong V6 motor that doesn't suck gas, comfortable seats, great ride (once you upgrade from the stock Dunlops which are just ok - I put Michelin Cross Terrains on mine and it now rides like a dream).
Suggested Improvements
More headroom - I'm 6'3" and I'm barely making it with the sunroof. Better stock stereo system - for a mid 30k vehicle the stock stereo in mine left a lot to be desired. Toyota puts a better stock stereo in the 15k Scion than in the 'runner.