A Great Choice!!
By Vinny Turner on
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After driving this for three weeks, I'm am soooo happy that I purchased this vehicle. Smooth and comfortable ride for an SUV. The V6 provides plenty of power and the gas mileage is better than I expected. Plenty of leg room for both the front and back seats (I'm 6'5"), though the headroom could be a tiny bit higher. Quiet ride and responsive steering. Easy access to all instrument controls. This is the first imported car I've ever owned and I should have gone import many years sooner. My 2000 Ford Explorer was a headache from day one! Other than buying a Corvette in the future, I'll never buy American again. Toyota will have a customer for life!
Favorite Features
The moonroof option is a nice touch. The rear hatch door closing feature means no more slamming the hatch door shut. The back up mirrors are helpful but takes some getting used to. Power seats are great. Power back hatch window very cool. Comfortable front seats. 17" wheels. Six CD player.
Suggested Improvements
More headroom. Blind spots could be improved on. Need a light in the glove box. Instrument/panel lighting could be brighter/different color. A light for the hood/engine compartment would be good.