2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Absolutely Love It!
By LauraNTexas on 07/04/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about it. Drive is smooth, good acceleration, quiet ride, roomy interior, good gas mileage (averaging 21 mpg), looks great, tons of standard features. You name it, I love it! I feel like it's worth every penny and then some after driving it 2500 miles. No buyer's regret here.

love my car?truck?
By Linda on 06/17/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1st time suv owner. Drives great and quiet. I have a few complaints but so far overall I would recommend this vehicle

MB > Toyota....Yeah Definitely!
By John on 06/13/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice touches giving driver and passengers comfort and reliability. Very solid ride, turning, acceleration and on-spot braking. A/C cooly handles 100+ days here in Dallas! From Mercedes to the 4 Runner... yeah, I did it; and no regrets!

Good Ride
By KCH on 06/07/06 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy the vehicle more than expected. I bought it as a practical alternative to what I would have preferred (H2). It drives, rides and looks great. Until a recent storm, the black paint was near flawless and immaculate. I receive a lot of compliments about the vehicle and it's appearance. I purchased the V8 and am grateful that I did.

My 2nd Toyota!
By MzJeepDevil on 06/06/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2003 Nissa Xterra Super Charge for a couple reasons: a. I wanted something with better gas mileage. b. I wanted a sunroof, with the same power as my super charge, plus I like the rear window being able to go down. c. The '06 4runner's car insurance is cheaper. d. A full tank in the Xterra lasted me 4-5 days, a full tank in the 4runner last 14 days. wow eh?

Awesome SUV
By May Jones on 06/01/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Everything you expect from a Toyota, great styling, and the quality is second to none, why spend all the extra $$$ on a Lexus??? The only thing is the gas mileage, however, compared too our friends SUVs it's actually good.

ever-impressive 4 runner
By James Byrd on 05/29/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota has done it again!! The 4 runner handles well with little to no engine noise. At 6'3" I was little apprehensive about how the 4 runner would accomodate my big frame; but I have no complaints. Towing is awesome. With a 15 foot boat in tow, I felt like I never lost control; nor did my brakes fail or burn.

Real 4x4 with car manners, quality built
By Sam in Maine on 05/27/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased after researching and comparing several makes, ranging from VW Toureg, Volvo, even Mercedes. Tried the FJ Cruiser, love the retro look, but no room in back for kids, let alone adults. Already own an '03 Tundra, and since then am a converted fan of Toyota;never have to do more than routine maintenance on these cars, very tightly built. I also considered Highlander Hybrid, but need towing capacity the 4-Runner affords, and I am an old school fan of fully framed vehicles if you are going to tow. I will let my wife purchase a hybrid for her next car. Enviro and fuel econ. important to me, but not the only factor, since I drive only 8K/year. 4-Runner is classy & good value.

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD V8
By Mike on 05/20/06 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Everything on this truck feels well-made. Everything is put together with Toyota-solidity. It looks good, it drives well, it's comfortable, it gets a lot of positive remarks, its gas mileage is decent for its size and engine (19mpg-average), and I feel good driving it. Like most SUV's of the past and few today, I feel like I could drive through anything (on- or off-road) and get there safely.

Glad I got it
By steed on 05/18/06 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have 2 little ones, so we traded in a very nice 2003 TL S-type for the sport 4 runner. My wife was tired of bending over to load kids. We are very happy with the choice. Although not nearly as loaded as our old ride, the 4runner handles very well for a truck based suv. It feels light to drive. I actually like the cloth seats better than leather, and the exterior of the sport edition is just plain cool looking. Much better gas milage than I expected. Engine power is adequate and a good mix of power & economy. Plan on making this "the truck" and trading in my pickup for something a little better on gas. Plan on keeping this a while...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.