Used 2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome 4x4 and towing vehicle
By Joshy

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've taken the car everywhere. From my first 2000 miles where I towed from TX to ID, to me taking it off-road or driving in some serious snow, this vehicle has done it all for me. And everything without a single problem

I absolutely loved the towing capabilites of it. It really handled well going up hills without having to constantly shift to a lower gear. The gas mileage for an SUV... you can't beat it.

I say make the towing package standard on this baby. I ended up getting a after market one put on.

Love my 4Runner !
By brian

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If your looking for an SUV, Look no further. Toyota 4Runner is the way. Bought mine a few days ago. Used 2006, 25000 miles. This truck has everything and more a person can want. I checked out the Nissan Pathfinder and the Dodge NITRO. Was not impressed with either. The 4Runner Sport Edition has not only the looks, but the engine is smooth and the JBL sound system is awesome. Also came with a camera in the rear view mirror so when you back up, you can see if anyone is behind you. Will write another review in 6 months or so. Don't delay, get your 4Runner today!

JBL sound system, cup holders, silver exterior paint

Honestly, really can't think of any. Just simply flawless.

I love this car!
By 4Runner Lover

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car just a little over a year and I absolutely LOVE IT as much today as I did when I bought it. It drives so easily. I say it drives "electric" because that's the only way I can describe it. I have not had any trouble with my 4Runner at all except for that stupid tire pressure light coming on, especially when it's cold outside. However, it's been on ever since I took it to the dealership 2 weeks ago. That seems to just be some problem Toyota can't seem to fix.

Heated seats, sunroof, radio controls on steering wheel, bright headlights, easy folding back seats, tight suspension, rubber floor mats.

Either make the tire pressure light work or just get rid of it. I am so paranoid that one of my tires is going flat at all times.

Great Truck, Great Value
By Doccruz

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, it's a true Toyota. I can't wait to go off road. The V-8 is awesome and smooth as glass.

I love the 4.7 engine and smooth acceleration. Towing capacities are also great, this is a true truck and not a car like wantabe.

Ability to disengage 4WD.

Love it!
By Love it!

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never have been a material person, but I love this car! I was looking at crossovers and wagons for MPG, and handling, but forgot it all when I test drove this Toyota. The MPG is typical though. But the handling is smooth and if you like bigger cars, as fun as any sports car you can get. I took it off road for fun, and as inexperienced as I am, I thought I pushed it too far at one point, but... put in the low gear, and I was out of a muddy, five-feet-deep river bed. Also, for everyday, the cargo shelf in the back is great when you want to hide some things and still be able to load via the window.

Drive quality for a truck. As bought, off-road is amazing!creature comforts pretty much leave you with nothing wanting.

The key-chain button has an option to open the rear window, which is nice, but you can't close it with the same mechanism: kind of makes it a hassle again. Being PICKY, the small cargo space in front of the cup-holders is cheap, and poibtless.