2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
A Great Choice!!
By Vinny Turner on 09/08/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving this for three weeks, I'm am soooo happy that I purchased this vehicle. Smooth and comfortable ride for an SUV. The V6 provides plenty of power and the gas mileage is better than I expected. Plenty of leg room for both the front and back seats (I'm 6'5"), though the headroom could be a tiny bit higher. Quiet ride and responsive steering. Easy access to all instrument controls. This is the first imported car I've ever owned and I should have gone import many years sooner. My 2000 Ford Explorer was a headache from day one! Other than buying a Corvette in the future, I'll never buy American again. Toyota will have a customer for life!

After 4 Months
By Rod on 09/06/06 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely zero defects after 4 months and 5000 miles. Gas mileage holding at 19.5 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. Best of all, wife loves it more each time she drives it to work. Probably the best vehicle, new or used that I have owned during the past 40 years. Wife believes now she would have preferred the leather seats for added comfort.

fantastic!
By m4hand on 09/05/06 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best all around SUV I have ever driven. The exterior is very stylish and sporty, the interior is well laid out (once you get used to the strange HVAC controls), and the seats are very comfortable. Plenty of space in the cargo area as well as with the seats folded down. Fuel economy is decent for an SUV of its size. V6 is more than enough for a punchy, fun drive.

4Runner - The Legacy Continues...
By shogun2 on 09/05/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always loved the 4Runners from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations. Though, I've never owned one because I was always devoted to the Supras. Then, the 4th generation of the 4Runner came out in 2003, I knew it then, this is going to be my first SUV. Its rugged looks and more macho looking body compared to its previous generations got me. This year 2006, I started shopping for the right 4Runner style of my choice - the Sports Edition. Bought it in March 2006, drove it to California in July for his break in period, and my 4Runner performed flawlessly. Handling, comfort and the turn ratio are awesome. Toyota fulfills another expectation for me, a hundred thousands of miles of fun ahead.

My 4Runner
By FredK on 08/22/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition. I love this truck! I definitely suggest the upgraded suspension that comes with Sport Edition and is available with the Limited. The ride is noticeably better.

I love it!
By J.A. on 08/06/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way my new ride looks (the color I chose is Driftwood Pearl w/cloth tannish interior), the way it handles and the features. I wish it had more get up and go but I did get the V6 so... I really enjoy it and would highly recommend at least a test drive - that is all it will take. I love the controls for back window and the double decker system and cargo net for organizing groceries, luggage, etc. I also love the ease of the hatch opening, closing gently then the automatic "lock" so I don't have to slam close.

2006 Toyota Limited V8 Black
By Allen on 08/05/06 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first car the wife and I both just love. Was great in deep snow. We also like the 110 outlet right in the center console. Power seats with 2 preset adjustments is really nice. We average about 17.5 city and hwy, and about 19/20 on just hwy at 75.

My nautical blue T4R
By niremor on 07/25/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best toyota vehicle I have owned! I have had two Celicas and a highlander and this one is the best ever! I feel like I have gotten my dream car. The style is awesome, the drive is great and I get lots of compliments and stares. It has some great features such as the AUX port (for my iPod), lots of storage space, HUGE cup holders and many others besides the overall ride.

Awesome
By kkm on 07/15/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

You will not find a better SUV on the market. Everthing is excellent about the 4Runner. A smooth quiet ride. Good acceleration and for an SUV, the gas mileage is not that bad.

Would Not Trade My 4Runner For Anything!
By Kev on 07/04/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 4Runner is amazing. I love the buttery smooth V8. The interior is perfect. Comfortable and supportive drivers seat (I have a bad back) great sight lines (easy to see all around the vehicle) and gas mileage that is within an acceptable range for me. My local dealership experience is 1st class, from the salesman to the service dept. I am not a Toyota freak. I have owned vehicles from 9 different major companies. This truck ROCKS!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.