2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great Car
By Joe on 10/20/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm still in the process of breaking in the car, but it's still a plesaure to drive it. Just feathering the gas makes the car accelerate quickly.

bigger and better
By K.Stewart on 10/20/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Highlander ,and was impressed. Thought I'd try something a little larger and found the 4- Runner to be just the right fit. Very roomy and the power to boot in a V-6. Now that gas has gone down it is very good on the pocket.Overall very pleased with the vehicle.

1st 4 Runner
By Wayne Scardino on 10/19/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning another brand of SUV and not being satified I checked out the 4 Runner and was suprised at what I founed. I test drove and found the preformance and handling of the 4 Runner to be sound and well made from an engineering stand point. I now have the Sport Edition. Being a sportsman and going off road I found it preformed very well. I have more then enought room for all of my equipment. I have been asked by my friends how I feel about the Toyota compared to my other SUV's. My answer is I'm very well pleased with it's preformance.

Love our 4Runner
By 4RUNNER#1 on 10/19/06 03:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 4Runner is definitely at the front of the pack. We looked a numerous SUVs before deciding on the 4Runner. Even though the America car companies were offering 0% financing for 72 months, we decided that the Toyota quality was worth paying for. We have own numerous vehicles from different manufactures, American and Foreign, by far the Toyotas have been the best.

Toyota Works for CO
By Kinztoy on 10/12/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

There are many reasons to live in Colorado, and also many reasons to own a Toyota. The reasons for both are dangerously similar - a good vehicle is needed for the winter driving, the summer camping trips and the daily grind of commuting in the city. The 4Runner makes all of these a breeze. It combines clean style, good gas mileage, high ground clearance, good storage and Toyota's reliable engine and low maintenace. On a recent trip to Yellowstone, I placed a futon matress in the back and saved on hotels. As for the ride, the V8 has great power. An MP3 plug-in makes it easy to pull songs off your iPod without messy adaptors, and the close to 20 miles a gallon is great for a V8 SUV.

Outstanding Buy
By Sacheen on 10/09/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 4runner and I could not have made a better decision. It is fun to drive, with a rugged truckish looks and okay fuel econ. Interior looks great and handling is outstanding. I looked at most mid size SUVs in the market and must say 4runner was way better than most in terms of combined value.. For those looking for a mid size SUV, if you're not overly concerned about fuel econ, then 4runner is the one for you..

my first suv
By vinh nguyen on 10/09/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

own other toyota before but this is my first toyota suv,so far overall i like it alot exterior,interior,ride ect.i think it is a well build car and good value

Well engineered
By Peter on 10/01/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very well engineered vehichle. Attractive outside and inside, comfortable, sensible controls, lots of space, cupholders. Easy to flip down rear seats for cargo space, put them back up for passengers. With the windows closed, the most quiet vehichle I've ever owned. Very relaxing on long highway drives. Peppy acceleration. Excellent off road performance, and surprisingly smooth on rough terrain. My quibbles: front passenger seat has only 4 way controls instead of 6, and no lumbar support -- why shouldn't I have same adjustments when wife drives as when I do? In daylight when I'm wearing sunglasses, hard to read clock. Responsive handling, but on curvy highways you don't want to push it.

2006 4runner limited
By rick on 09/16/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellant SUV, no problems

I converted from GM andNo buyers remorse
By Oleg on 09/13/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was hesitant at first transitioning fr Chevy Tahoe into 4Runner. My Tahoe had problems and I was looking for a reliable SUV that handles well on and off-road, mountains, snow and ice, as well as has cargo room. I thought I was compromising getting a 4runner but Inow I feel I got a lot better value. SUV. It looks big but feels small and maneuverable. Great handling. It accelerates and handles like a sedan. Transmission intuitively responds as if interpeting your intentions by how you apply gas or brakes. i don't know how they accomplished it. Bumpers are high enought to allow excellent approach and descent angle. Quality material is used on the inside trim none of that cheap plastic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.