2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
2006 4Runner
By MarkV on 02/09/07 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very satisfied with the vehicle. It is a smooth and quiet ride on the highway, but can be uncomfortable on uneven surfaces. Suspension is tight and you can feel it. The safety items are great. Traction control and stability control are worth it. My wife complains when she dives it in rain/snow because the traction/stability control is too contolling. But she also spun my old truck in the rain one time because she just gave it more gas when the wheels spun. The 4Runner doesn't let you mess up like that.

My Yota
By My Yota on 02/05/07 16:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply put, this is the best SUV in its class. Nearly perfect. It easily beats the pants off the rest. The V6 has tons of power and runs smoothly. If you didn't know better, you would think it was a V8 by the feel. It is very responsive and easy to handle. It feels more driving a sedan but make no mistake about it, 4Runner really shines off-road. Does fantastic in the snow and ice with traction control, ESC, and a ton of other features. I feel very safe in this car because it is so solid. Gas mileage is great for an SUV this size, I usually average 21 mpg in town and about 24 hwy. I would recommend 4Runner to anyone.

Nice cruiser!
By dedhed on 01/29/07 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck. Have had it about a year with no complaints.

Can't Go Wrong
By plevy824 on 01/03/07 05:36 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd SUV (ford bronco II and GMC Jimmy). The 4Runner is by far more reliable, better looking, and able to do more real 4 wheeling than my previous mistakes. The only mistake Toyota made is a single power outlet in the front cabin, but a minor inconvenience compared with the problems on my last two. You will enjoy no rattles, great highway mileage with the V6 (22 MPG with K&N installed) and not a single problem in 14 months of use.

Happy
By Kevin on 12/02/06 05:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle was well thought-out and smartly designed. The rear window that slides up and down is great for alittle ventilation when desired. The lift gate closes automatically when shut slightly. The vehicle is smooth riding and very quiet. Gas milage is good, but oddly decreases with lower outside temperature and ran best when 70 degrees-F or more. The location of the drivers window/lock controls could be mounted alittle better. Cruise, tilt, and mileage center are nice.

Our new 4Runner
By matt barron on 11/21/06 10:25 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle looks awesome from every angle. We got the color we wanted and the 2006 SR5 looks like a limited did in previous years. The standard HAC (hill assist start) has come in handy a handful of times on my in-laws monster driveway. Our 4-liter V6 gets 23.0 mpg on the interstate, that's strong. It stands head and shoulders above it's competitors.

Good car
By Ali on 11/21/06 06:28 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 4Runner as an interim vehicle because I could not decide and I will keep this car. It is well made, drives like a dream and has room for everything. Toyota considered every detail.

V-8 smooth
By Blaze on 11/21/06 05:22 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought the car. Nice ride. Avg about 20.1 (set cruise @65.00 sharp). Combined driving gets about 18.2 MPG. Computer updates the MPG every 10 sec. Very smooth. Quiet interior. The power seats are nice. Wish side airbags come standard. No body lean around the curve at 40~45 MPH. Drove thru a heavy rain storm and can feel the traction control sets in right away. A lot of room when rear seats folded down. Storage areas throughout the car make it really neat.

New Impression for an Old Friend
By pain-doc on 11/12/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having a short attention span, I have been through a number of SUVs including a 02 Pathfinder, 03 Sequoia, 02 BMW X5 V8, 02 4Runner, 04 CR-V to name a few. This 06 seems to be the best mix for the price. My primary gripes are headroom on ingress, climate control knobs/buttons, and lack of dark interior option. If I could have had a scaled-down Sequoia, that would have been perfect. The V8 in this intermediate is a true luxury. I love the throttle response. Many complain that it is too responsive, but being primarily a sports car guy, it is a welcome attribute. I wanted a masculine SUV that had a livable nature and that is what I got.

Best SUV By Far!
By mo's 4Runner on 11/05/06 06:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV overall. Easy and fun to drive. Great power, reliability, and build quality. Previously owned a range rover, which was just expensive crap. This vehicle has it all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.