2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
4Runner
By PMM on 09/30/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in 1994 Honda Accord w/185K on it for first SUV. Other vehicle is 1998 van. Wanted a true SUV for the trek to a second home in the Whilte Mountains of NH v. crossover. Also, wanted something reliable similar to the Accord. Plan to keep this vehicle for 10-12 years. Alway have felt safe in this truck no matter what kind of weather, snow, rain, etc. 35k in 15 months and love this SUV. We are a family of four and it is a bit small in the passenger area, but you can load it to the top for a weekend or week's vacation. No 3rd row as it was useless. If you need a people hauler, best to opt for a bigger SUV or van.

06 SR5 4runner
By WCF on 08/26/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Our first new Toyota. Comfortable, reliable, smooth rider. My kids both want me to give it to them! I'm thinking of moving to something like the Lexus LX just for the luxury of it, but would recommend the 4Runner to anyone.

Lousy Transmission
By Jay Alan on 08/17/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after having a 2002 GMC Envoy. Since I bought this truck, I've noticed the vehicle shifts up or down harshly and at the wrong speeds. When the ac is on, the idle is so high that the truck seems to drive itself. Coming off the highway, the car lurches forward when you're merging onto a new road. Very disappointing and can't wait to get rid of it.

Great Vehicle
By Ken on 06/24/07 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Majority of driving is highway travel to second home. Always loaded with tools and gear, ride is great and V8 is really responsive. We haven't experienced an interior/exterior defect or even a squeak. It is a limited with navigation/backup camera, etc. Navigation was perfect in NYC travel. Since I am really a clean freak with a black vehicle, the fit and finish had to be perfect. It was. The AWD is secure, especially during heavy rain and New England snow. I do not like cross over and car based SUVs when you really need a truck. When needed, this vehicle can easily pull a 22 foot boat. Buy one.

'06 4Runner
By Tom Grimshaw on 06/21/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This rig has lived up to the Toyota tradition, but there are a couple of niggling annoyances. At 20K miles when I make a turn there is a creak that comes from the back. My friends call this car 'the squawkwagon' due to the fact that the rear assist warning siren comes on and stays on whenever the car is in reverse. I'm used to it but it really gets on passengers nerves. The dealership can't fix it either. Also I added a Westin Sportmaster grille guard and it looks sharp!

One year
By E on 06/15/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 4runner for one year today with no problems at all. The V6 is quick, handles great. I love my truck.

Quaily SUV
By Sean on 05/10/07 09:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Solid construction, excellent quality, V8 has good power, very solid vehicle. Seating is terrible. Bad for tall drivers.

Just Right!
By Troy on 03/05/07 11:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 has tons of power and runs smoothly. Exterior appearance is similar to the Sequoia, but looks sportier.

Like riding on air
By rodney on 03/02/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been more than pleased with the comfortable ride provided by my 4Runner. This is by far the most comfortable ride I have experienced from any vehicle I have ever owned. The brakes are a bit nimble, but other than that the vehicle is like riding on air. There is very little noise from exterior extremities, with the exception of a heavy rain. Very little noise, and handles potholes better than I expected.

Owned Three
By Gene Craven on 02/26/07 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned three limited models and have found them to be bullet proof. Just change the oil and keep on driving. I would recommend these suvs to anyone that is looking for trouble free vehicles. Great car to drive and own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.