2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: 4Runner - The Legacy Continues

2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

4Runner - The Legacy Continues...
By shogun2 on

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always loved the 4Runners from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations. Though, I've never owned one because I was always devoted to the Supras. Then, the 4th generation of the 4Runner came out in 2003, I knew it then, this is going to be my first SUV. Its rugged looks and more macho looking body compared to its previous generations got me. This year 2006, I started shopping for the right 4Runner style of my choice - the Sports Edition. Bought it in March 2006, drove it to California in July for his break in period, and my 4Runner performed flawlessly. Handling, comfort and the turn ratio are awesome. Toyota fulfills another expectation for me, a hundred thousands of miles of fun ahead.

Homelink garage door opener, X-REAS Sport Enhancement suspension, Side curtain airbags w/ cutoff switch for added passenger's safety, Telescopic leather steering wheel, Rear door child safety, Tire pressure monitoring, JBL system AM/FM 6-CD 10 speakers w/ MP3/WMA and its mighty 4.7L DOHC V8 engine.

The Gas consumption. But it's a V8 for driver's sake. Though I strongly believe, you can actually achieve or at least close to the 19 highway MPG as advertised if you watch your driving habit's, driving condition and of course maintaining your vehicle's condition.