2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
One Great Truck!
By ryanmb21 on 05/13/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two weeks after buying this 4runner I installed a 3 inch lift and 32" tires the resulting stance is much improved over stock's low nose. I will comment that these trucks are perfect for lifting 2-3 inches as the CV angles up front are in a squatted position. 50K miles later including several off-road trips and snowy jaunts to the mountains this 4runner continues to impress! I love it! All I do is oil changes and never had a problem, 100% recommend!

Exceptional
By TONY on 05/01/10 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What is there to say, the 4runner is the best. Number one in resale value in it's class, great looks, super sporty, great engine and performance, super shiny paint, and of course great Toyota reliability. No trips to dealer for knucklehead repairs.

Good Buy.
By VictorV. on 04/29/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought with 73k.great vehicle to haul the kids around.I chose the V8 due to its power.The gas mileage with a V6 was just 2mpg less.Go with the V8.Drove from Las Vegas to San Francisco,what an awesome ride.Eats up potholes.I liked the 4runner so much, I bought my wife a 2007 4runner sport.

Quality SUV-But Has Quirks
By okmarshal on 02/19/10 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this vehicle for 18 mos. and overall have really enjoyed it. Have previously owned 3 Explorers, 2 Bronchos, & 1 Cherokee & this beats them all hands down. The sound of simply shutting a door tells you it's built better than the American SUVs. Gas milage is better, the ride is smoother & you just feel safer riding in it. The only drawbacks are quirky things such as; Non-lighted & oddly placed door switches, beverage holders that don't seem to fit anything, only (1)12V power outlet that goes dead when ignition is turned off, so you can't charge anything overnight, Zero foot or storage room under seats, remote that lowers back window but doesn't raise it back up??

best mid-size SUV ever owned!
By shawn podraza on 01/24/10 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had limited 01 explorer v6 under powered and gas hungry.Test drove v6 and v8 toyota 4runner, v8 won my heart! Smooth and quick acceleration, love the JBL 10 speaker sound system,heated leather seats and mirrors.Had record snow this Dec. over 24 inches the 4 runner V8 AWD performed flawlessly,drove through snow drifts 4ft high with little loss of traction, it powered through like a true awd gladiator.The 4runner has had no problems in the 3 yrs that I have owned it. I have co-workers that are american suv guys they have commented on how sharp looking my 4runner is.The interior is exceptional sharp and exterior turns many heads.But it drives like a dream and am very satisfied with reliability

A great decision.
By DSea10 on 01/08/10 03:07 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching and reading consumer and editor's reviews, I finally bought an 06' Limited V6 4x4. I have not looked back since. It is such a solid car and gives a great ride. The seats are very comfortable and give good support. I was very impressed with the traction control after our most recent snow storm. Its a great looking truck and everyone that has been in it has said there is plenty of room up front and in back. There is plenty of cargo space for all of my gear, especially with the seats folded down. Gas mileage has been 20.2 mpg average hwy and city, which I think is pretty good. The power is the best part, getting on the gas, it is responsive and sounds great.

Love This Truck
By Tibbzz on 12/10/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 4 runner, bought it used with about 20k miles on it (at near 50k now). No issues at all and love driving it. I average about 14 commuting (bit of a lead foot) and maybe 18 on the highway. Towing a 5000lb boat gives a terrifying 9mpg. Other than that it's a mean lil truck.

Awesome
By roscoe on 10/20/09 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is absolutely amazing! I've wanted a 4runner for a while, and I def don't regret this purchase. I've put about 30,000 miles on it (55k total miles) and zero, zip, no complaints. The x- reas suspension on the sport edition makes it handle and take corners like a dream! Super quiet inside, almost zero road/wind noise. 200% quieter than the competing models. Zero mech problems and the v6 has plenty of power. This is my daily driver and also has been on many camping/fishing/snowboarding trips and has yet to meet an obstacle it can't overcome.

A near perfect SUV
By Frank on 09/27/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My daughter drove an older one and was hit by a speeding car running a light. Her 4runner sacrificed its own life to preserve hers, she was shook up but unhurt. My bosses daughter rolled one off an embankment from an icy road. She was shook up but unhurt. He was so happy he went out and bought her a brand new one. I know the accident reviews are good for this truck, but we believe they are way understated. We believe it to be one of the safest in the world today. This high quality full frame, (not unibody) truck is one of the few true off road vehicles left. With its low range gearing and its "positive 4 wheel lock" it is a stand out in a crowd of crossovers and halfway vehicles.

Excellent Truck
By Robert on 09/14/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After searching for 4 months, I just bought a very low mileage 4 Runner with every option included. It is seriously amazing. I had a 2000 4Runner and got rid of it and got a 2004 Land Rover Discovery. This was a big mistake and I'm glad to be back inside a Toyota 4Runner. The driving performance is incredible as it drives like a sports car and handles like a truck. The reliability of a Toyota is first cast and the maintenance is much cheaper than a Land Rover, BMW, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.