2006 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Very Solid
By ColoradoKid on 12/20/05 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be happier! I have researched SUVs for some time; the '06 4 Runner is a great vehicle. Quiet, smooth, and fun to drive.... Kudos to Toyota.

BLACK 4RUNNER LTD
By Allen Nebraska on 12/17/05 01:18 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, fairly smooth ride and goes through the snow with no problems, the heated leather seats are nice in the Nebraska climate. The V8 has plenty of power

Great
By New4Runner on 12/04/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought this, and I like it even better after owning it for a few months. It's already beeen put to the test of many miles of washboarded roads and some moderate off roading on construction sites, and the thing that impresssed me most is the absence of even a single rattle over the bumps. I got it without the sunroof, because if you are over 6-foot, you'll scrape your head on the sunroof.

Logical choice
By JCM on 11/15/05 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Limited V8 is the first SUV I've owned and the X-REAS suspension and V8 have eased the transition. X- REAS (option for Ltd) "flattens" the vehicle on turns with any kind of speed and reduces lean/roll. My 4Runner is more nimble than I imagined it would be and the turning radius is quite manageable. The V8 has a snarl when the gearing allows it to stay above 2,000 RPM... passing is a joy. You will get pushed into the seat if you floor it (after 1,000 mi break-in!). The interior is firm, but not plush and the dash, etc. is top notch. However, be careful cleaning the clear plastic--it will scratch easily. If you leave the gate window open, you will smell exhaust. MPG? Feh.

Great with One Caveat
By wilkins on 10/25/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our '05 4Runner has been pretty much as advertised. It's extremely well built inside and out, has a smooth and quiet ride, and the V8 powers the truck effortlessly. My one beef is that it has a steady vibration in the steering wheel from the drive train... not a shimmy or the road... you can feel the vibration when accelerating and in overdrive. I don't think all 4Runners have it... be on the lookout for it when you test drive.

Rugged good looks inside and out...
By Alvin on 10/24/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched the 4Runner and found it reliable, also good looking (even the older ones). Went to Roseville to find one with the 3rd row seating and we spotted one, a white SR5 4WD, 3rd row, sideairbags, spoiler, tow package and some 17" wheels. Was going to get a 2005 but I'm glad I got a 2006. I love the projector headlights, chrome handles and grill. The inside is rugged and basic, keeping it simple. The cloth seats are supportive; no major blind spots. It looks big on the outside, but once you start driving it's like a car. On a few bumps it will remind you that you're in a 'truck'. Smooth, power.

The Best
By Elmore on 09/21/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV. Looks good, drives even better, and has lots of power. I use this car for work and go off road on the weekends- Also drives great in snow (4x4, AWD)

Simply Beautiful
By Powrbruh on 09/20/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went to view the 2006 model last night and I am so so glad I didn't purchase the 2005 model. I like the 2006 so much better. The new 18-inch wheels are awesome. The meter gauges are brighter and I love the black-wood trim. Also, the new front grill is nice too. Very nice. Give the vehicle a whole new look. My only complaint would be the little plastic coverings around the fog lights. They seem a bit cheap. Overall, I am very pleased with the new look and will be purchasing one.

V-8 2wdr sports edition
By shaheen on 09/18/05 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just what I needed, it's perfect, don't think I will ever need a 4wd, the pick up is fantastic and boy is it quiet. Not a single defect or a problem to date. Got my first oil change, that's all that has been done. Love the handling at the curves; buy the sport suspension, you will notice the difference.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.