Used 2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

2006 4 Runner SR5 4X V6
By Dan Rutkowski

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great acceleration with the V6. You definitely have all the power you need. Handles turns at extraordinarily high speeds. The suspension is a little bumpy but much smoother than earlier models. There is a bit of outside noise factor. Great sound system. Back seat passangers are very comfortable with their own climate control and plenty of leg room. City MPG run lower than advertised but on the open highway they run much higher than advertised. Overall it is a fun safe car to drive.

Favorite Features

4x on the fly, the auto climate control feature and the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The window controls are in a very awkward position on the door panel. They are too low and very hard to get at. This needs to be redesigned.

Great Car
By Joe

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm still in the process of breaking in the car, but it's still a plesaure to drive it. Just feathering the gas makes the car accelerate quickly.

Favorite Features

Standard mp3 player, ability to roll the back window, standard keyless entry. it's so convenient.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo room and thrid row seats to fold down.

bigger and better
By K.Stewart

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Highlander ,and was impressed. Thought I'd try something a little larger and found the 4- Runner to be just the right fit. Very roomy and the power to boot in a V-6. Now that gas has gone down it is very good on the pocket.Overall very pleased with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

All of it -so far .

1st 4 Runner
By Wayne Scardino

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning another brand of SUV and not being satified I checked out the 4 Runner and was suprised at what I founed. I test drove and found the preformance and handling of the 4 Runner to be sound and well made from an engineering stand point. I now have the Sport Edition. Being a sportsman and going off road I found it preformed very well. I have more then enought room for all of my equipment. I have been asked by my friends how I feel about the Toyota compared to my other SUV's. My answer is I'm very well pleased with it's preformance.

Favorite Features

I like how quiet the ride is on and off road. The power of the V-8 and the handling off road is great in my book. Above all how well engineered this SUV is to others I have owened.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders don't fit the cups of today. The rear leg room for a taller person is a little short.

Love our 4Runner
By 4RUNNER#1

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 4Runner is definitely at the front of the pack. We looked a numerous SUVs before deciding on the 4Runner. Even though the America car companies were offering 0% financing for 72 months, we decided that the Toyota quality was worth paying for. We have own numerous vehicles from different manufactures, American and Foreign, by far the Toyotas have been the best.

Favorite Features

We liked the V8 model, not for the engine power (which it has a lot of), but believe it or not for the rear seat. The V6 models seats do not fold flat like the V8 model. I really couldn’t understand why this is so. The vehicle is made every well, rides great and very quite. Great safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Not great gas mileage, but hey you're buying a SUV, what do you expect. Only owned the vehicle for a few months and found that the estimated gas mileage on the sticker is pretty close to what you really get: 19 city, 20-21 highway.