2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Coulda had a V8 and did !!!
By Poway and Lovin it on 02/14/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Test drove many SUVS in the mid size position and the 4runner came out on top. Great fit and finish by comparison to others. Plenty of power with the V-8 for sure... V-6 probably would do OK as I do not tow but wow!!!...is it smooth...got it loaded w/o 3rd row seats and DVD entertainment set as the dogs don't need it. Love the interactive Navigation system and the Bluetooth works great...much needed hands free capability brings civility.

good car overall
By manny on 02/04/06 01:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like this car, noisy brakes, not the first 4runner that I know to have this problem. I'm really worried about the srs being to expensive to repair, have to change the whole dash if you have an accident. If I only knew that at the beginning, good mileage

rdtoyota
By RD on 02/03/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The quality of this vehicle is immediately recognizable, fit and finish, attention to detail and materials are superior. Handling is responsive and I’m impressed with the performance of the 6cly engine. This is my first Toyota and I am confident it won't be my last.

Mileage
By So/so Mileage on 01/31/06 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We were expecting better gas mileage than the Ford Expedition we sold, but it's almost the same. Overall the vehicle is very well built and designed. A 6 cylinder should be more fuel savvy than a V-8 though.

ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!!
By DAQMAN on 01/29/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at the Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer, used Acura MDX's, and a few sedans. Then I waited to see what changes were to be made to the 2006 4Runner. Although relatively subtle changes were made, it was enough to sell me. I am very pleased with my 4Runner!

Why did I wait so long to come back?
By RUN1BK46 on 01/20/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first vehicle out of college was toyota, then I somehow went with a Jeep, Durango, Explorer, & Pacifica (don't ask). Finally I wised up and bought my 4runner. WOW- I was really missing it with these other vehicles. Quality of this 4runner is very noticable. The V8 is a must. Not much different on the MPG, and the drop you into the back of your seat thrust is very noticable. This by far one of the most fun vehicles I have driven. It rides very smooth, especially for a truck frame. The nav is easy to use. Love the blue tooth. This is a must be considered vehicle. You will love it

Love my 4Runner
By Don on 01/16/06 09:35 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I love the looks of the vehicle. It has a very rugged but very stylish appearance. Its looks suggest rugged off-road ability as well as city appeal. The vehicle often attracts looks from others.

2006 SR5 4WD 6 Cyl
By neprop on 01/13/06 22:04 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased vehicle at end of 2005. I'm 6'2" and I have the sunroof. At first the I thought that there wasn't enough headroom, but there is. Anyone slightly taller ought to consider no sunroof. The 6 cyl deliver more than sufficient power for most needs. The vehicle is quiet to drive and responsive. I used to drive a Subaru AWD that weighs 800 pounds less, but I only got 18-20 MPG City. The 4 runner is delivering 17 MPG so far during the break in period. The engine revs low and upshifts quickly to keep revs low and mileage high.

Great SUV!
By coman on 01/12/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solid, quiet, fun! One drive and I was hooked. After driving a Mercury Mountaineer for 9 years, this truck feels like driving a sports car (and I don't even have the sport suspension). Definitely a truck but the smoothest riding and quietest truck I've even driven. Haven't heard a single rattle or squeak. Toyota quality can't be beat!

An Easy Decision
By ProPower on 01/03/06 18:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It came down to the new Pathfinder or the 4Runner. The Pathfinder is a great ride,V-8 acceleration from a V-6, comfortable interior. But the Toyota seemed to be better built, with higher quality interior materials and a smoother highway ride. The 4Runner also feels lighter and more nimble on pavement thanks in part to the X-REAS suspension which all but eliminates the body roll and pitch that plague a lot of SUVs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.